1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fox News has refused to talk about Bundy today??

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Orange, Apr 24, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Orange

Orange Member

What's wrong I thought he has a patriot and a hero?

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Bundy is just one of the latest

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

You mean All Bundy right

5. rudan

rudan Member

You watched Fox News all day today? Wow!

The story is now all about hairy, the bundy welfare bum was just the start.

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

No news organization is obligated to report the stories you want to hear in the way to want to hear them. Their objective is to relay information they deem important to the public, not to notarize some partisan scorecard. Conservatives pulled this hooey with the "Clinton News Network," because Bernard Shaw wouldn't claim he killed Vince Foster or something. It doesn't look any less petty coming from Democrats.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not disagreeing with your point about FOX not covering it, but there is a difference between that and the Clinton/Foster thing.

In this case Bundy, he has actually done everything the left says he's done. In the case of Foster Clinton was not his killer.

So those who called CNN "Clinton News Network" were upset the network wouldn't report on something that was never true. In this case some on the left are pointing out that FOX reported on Bundy before, but have now stopped.

8. bongman

bongman Member

9. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

No hard feelings, as they believe the same thing:
    I too think Hannity understands him. Sean's just not too sure about his show's sponsors.

10. Summer Song Giver

Haven't followed the story closely, what changed for Bundy that Fox has now abandoned him?

11. g1184

g1184 Member

Are you claiming that news agencies don't do this?

12. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Bundy made ignorant, racist statements that were so far over the top that even Fox can't back him now. He actually claimed that black people were better off as slaves.

13. bongman

bongman Member

In addition, it is not just Fox. Looks like the Republicans decided that this is a platform they no longer want to be associated with - politicians-denounce-bundys-racist-remarks

It's not a hard stretch to think that Fox was mandated by the party to distance themselves from this issue.

14. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Cliven Bundy's Daughter Rips Fox News Host Sean Hannity

Shiree Bundy Cox on Thursday took aim at conservatives who rallied and amplified her father's cause on national television only to abandon him after the media "turned this into a circus side show."

"It's like their trying to throw us off the real subject. Why was this ever even brought up? What does this have to do with land rights issues?" she said in a Facebook post.

"Sean Hannity was all for reporting the happenings at the Bundy Ranch until this popped up. I wonder if someone hoped it would be that way….By the way, I think Mr. Hannity is more worried about his ratings than he really is about what my dad said. If he supports a supposed racist, what will that do to his ratings? He's already lost his #1 spot on Fox," she added.

15. rudan

rudan Member

I agree, porch sitters are free to sit on any damn porch they want too ;)

16. SacTown

SacTown Member

He actually took it a step further and said black people were better off picking cotton.

17. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

18. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

I suck; 6/10

19. Raven

Raven Member

The 1% is always looking for some dumb "us verses them" issue that they can cynically milk for propaganda purposes, so it's always a pleasure to see it backfire on them. The truth is that it is Us verses Them, but Fox News is the Them, and their audience is the Us. I just wish their audience understood that, and they would understand that if right wing media weren't using fear and paranoia to confuse and distract them.

20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I don't think the 1% was supporting this guy.