1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FOX 26] Yao Gets Good News, Looks to 2010

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by amorephd, Sep 23, 2009.

Tags:
  1. amorephd

amorephd Member

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/090923_yao_good_news

HOUSTON - Eight weeks after major surgery on his left foot Yao Ming told FOX 26 Sports Wednesday he is encouraged by what the doctors are telling him.

He had the hard cast removed Friday and his left leg and foot were placed in a boot. Images taken of most of the bones involved in the surgery indicate he is healing properly.

"The picture looks good," Yao said. "The bones heal well. The big bone heals well. That's good news. It helps my mind.

...that's all my phone would let me cut and paste...

...amorephd...

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Yay Houston Rockets - 2011 NBA Champions!!!

Why am I not excited?

3. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because it's your fault.... hehe

4. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

because your deja vu is a legitiment feeling...we all have heard this a few times, and it always ends the same....I hope this time is different

5. Francis 4 ever

talk is cheap.

6. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

ask Tracy McGrady about that one.

7. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

HOUSTON - Eight weeks after major surgery on his left foot Yao Ming told FOX 26 Sports Wednesday he is encouraged by what the doctors are telling him.

He had the hard cast removed Friday and his left leg and foot were placed in a boot. Images taken of most of the bones involved in the surgery indicate he is healing properly.

"The picture looks good," Yao said. "The bones heal well. The big bone heals well. That's good news. It helps my mind.

"The key bone, (the tarsal) navicular, they will do testing later, but not that day."

The positive developments will have no bearing on the upcoming seasn. Rockets doctors have technically not ruled Yao out for the 2009-2010 season, but the team has said they expect him to be ready in time for training camp in 2010.

Yao clearly said there is no chance he will be able to play during the upcoming season.

"The answer is no," Yao said. "You don't want to rush it, because they want it to totally heal this time.

"I have been in this situation enough."

It has not been easy for Yao to accept the fact he will not be able to play the game he loves for a full year.

"Obviously I want to play basketball," Yao said. "This is my life right there, but for long term, believe me for long term, I need to slow down. That's not my style, but sometimes you have to do that."

Prior to surgery there was concern that Yao's career could have been in jeopardy. He said that is no longer an issue.

"I am able to play again," Yao said,

"In the beginning the doctor told me it could be a career-threatening injury. I think I'm not ready at that time to finish my career. I really felt lost in the first couple of weeks when they tell me.

"I think where am I going? Where is my next direction?

And when it became clear that he would be able to play again, Yao felt like he had been born again.

"That gave me almost like a second life," Yao said. "I have that feeling. One day I went back to the basketball court and it's my second life in my career."

Yao still works out three times a week, but with the heavy boot on his left leg, he is limited in what he can do.

"I'm used to keeping busy every day, practice, doing something," Yao said. "Now it's too easy. It's boring.

"It's like drinking water every day. There's no taste."

Even though the Rockets will not have their star center for the upcoming season, Yao still believes they can have a good year.

"If T-Mac (guard Tracy McGrady) comes back, if he has a healthy body, he's still one of the best guys to finish the game, " Yao said. "Also, we have (guard) Trevor (Ariza) joining us.

"His championship experience can really help us and he's talented. Also, (forward) Luis Scola, he's always stable. You have no questions about that.

"I think after last year our confidence is really (high) for this season."

8. Francis 4 ever

in before the "yao expects to return to elite status"/"Does he have tim grover" posts

9. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Man I have a feeling that the Rockets are going to do something special. There gonna have like a hollywood-like story. Yao and Tracy comes back. Scola,brooks and landry have breakout years. I cant wait.

10. n_naik1

n_naik1 Member

I like how he said when they said he would be able to play again, it was like being "born again." Maybe this means a new phase of his career will begin when he returns? Hopefully one that is more stable, with him playing in a way that makes him very effective and safe.

11. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Dont be too surprised to see Yao Ming playing in this season's Playoffs!! :p

12. Raven

Raven Member

Thank God. Now we can end this stupid speculation about him coming back early, which I thought was a ridiculous idea to begin with.

13. MD_in_Training

How is this considered "talk" even? It's not like Yao came on TNT and said "it's on me."

14. MandM's

MandM's Member

Rockets won't sniff the playoffs. lucky to win 30 games unfortunantly.

15. mil

mil Member

I guess you have never talk to a lawyer before .If you do ,then you know talk is not cheap.Ha ha.

16. Francis 4 ever

Goes to show how much a player's popularity on this board determines the general process of reasoning.

Apparently to Yao's bastion of chinese fanboys T-mac is the only one who can do wrong on this team. :rolleyes:

17. rocketsmetalspd

With the way Yao rehabs I will not be surprised to see Yao play for the team in the playoffs if they make the playoffs.

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Its hard to contain my excitement.

19. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Naaaaaah, if he makes it back to the Houston Rockets for the playoff, that'll give legitimate reasons for those b*stard CBA officials to coerce him into playing for China in the 2010 FIBA World Championship in Turkey (August 28 ~ September 12, 2010), something we all don't want to see.

Let him have a 100% full recovery to return healthy and strong the 2010 ~ 2011 season, please.

20. G Rat

G Rat Member

Lucky to win 30 games??? you're crazy.