1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FOX 26] Vince Young is Worried About His Hometown

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by amorephd, Sep 21, 2008.

1. amorephd

amorephd Member

V.Y. Planning Trip to Houston
    Last Edited: Sunday, 21 Sep 2008, 2:02 PM CDT
    Created: Sunday, 21 Sep 2008, 1:51 PM CDT

Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young is hurting and not just because he is injured and couldn't play against his hometown team, the Houston Texans, Sunday in Nashville.

Young is deeply concerned about the Houston-Galveston area in the wake of Hurricane Ike. In fact his agent, Major Adams and Uncle Keith Young, were in Galveston Saturday and Sunday passing out food and other essential items on behalf of the Vince Young Foundation. Vince would like to have a hands-on effect as well.

"I'm trying to get away now," Young said in an interview with FOX 26 Sports prior to the Titans-Texans game Sunday in Nashville. "So I am talking to Coach (Jeff) Fisher to get away right now.

"Just get in the city. See what's going on. Ride around a little bit and see what areas need help. Help some of the people out. That's what a foundation is all about."

Young is working with those close to him to decide what are the right things for he and his foundation to focus on in an effort to help those affected by Hurricane Ike.

"I overheard something happened to my high school, Madison," Young said. "The library on Fuqua, a lot of areas that I hung out at, especially my high school.

"We are going to help out and get that right as well."

NFL teams give their players one day off a week, generally Tuesday. So it is conceivable Young will be able to get to Houston and check out his hometown.

"We are going to do something real big," Young said. "We should be down there, probably next week."

Young said he stayed in touch with his family when Ike hit the Houston area.

"They went through it," Young said. "I was calling them on the hour making sure they were alright.

"Just to see how the family stuck together and things like that. Just to seem them down (Nashville) happy, like nothing even happened. That's the good thing about it because they are just trying to get over it."

Like everyone else in the Houston-Galveston area and Vince Young hopes he can do it his part and help out.

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

DUDE. WRONG F*KING FORUM. What gives? :mad:

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

He should be more concerned about his football career.

Collins > Young.

5. amorephd

amorephd Member

...my bad...I didn't see that there was a Vince Young ban...sorry!!!!!

6. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

VY hanging out at the library???

doubt it...

signed,

A Wonderlic score of 6

7. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

what library on Fuqua? Wouldn't that be near Dobie or SoHo?

8. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Good to know he isnt suicidal anymore

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

think its the one near 288 and almeda.

maybe, vince wanted to update his myspace page there. i mean, that is what all the homeless people do there. and shave, and shower.

10. Grandpappy

Grandpappy Member

How is this related to any HOUSTON SPORTS???
    People need to quit obsessing over this guy. He does not play for Texas any more neither does he play for any professional franchise in Houston. Apparently we should start talking about Joseph Addai who plays for the COLTS!! he is from Houston too and has had a much better NFL career than Vince Young has so far. The Tennessee Titans do not play in Houston :mad:

11. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

Sweet, a Vince Young thread!

I say we trade a pick for him while they think they don't need him. If he doesn't work out as QB, try him out at TE, WR, or safety. He's a natural athlete just in a funk and nothing will get him over it faster than playing for us. We are called the Texans for some reason, though i think Tenesee has more Lonhorns. Plus he's the anti fantasy football QB. I love it! He just wins plain and simple.

12. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

I didn't know libraries had books asking if you'd rather be a cat or dog? And then if you'd rather ride a unicorn or horse and does a genie or leprachaun give you 3 wishes?