1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between Luka and the Mavs and Shai and the Thunder. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

[FOX 26] UH's Joseph Transfers to SHSU

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by amorephd, May 27, 2009.

1. amorephd

amorephd Member

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/090527_joseph_sam_houston_state

Updated: Wednesday, 27 May 2009, 12:24 PM CDT
    Published : Wednesday, 27 May 2009, 12:18 PM CDT

HOUSTON - Former University of Houston quarterback Blake Joseph told FOX 26 Sports Wednesday he is transferring to Sam Houston St. where he will play his final year of eligibility.

"I am going to Sam Houston St.," Joseph said. "I feel good about my decision. I am ready to go there and help them anyway I can."

Joseph graduated this month from Houston with a degree in sports administration. Since he has completed his undergraduate work and still has one year of eligibility left, Joseph has the right to transfer
    and play immediately without having to sit out a year.

"It feels great to graduate," Joseph said. "It's kind of bitter-sweet. I loved everything about Houston. I am happy I got my degree."

At Houston Joseph played in 22 games, starting five, and threw for nearly 1600 yards and 10 touchdowns.

"I hit it off with (Sam Houston St. head coach Todd) Coach Whitten. "I really liked him.

"I am going to try to fill Rhett's shoes."

Joseph is referring to former Oklahoma quarterback Rhett Bomar who also transferred to Sam Houston St.

In two years with the Bearkats Bomar became the school's all-time leading passer (5562 yards) and was taken in the fifth round of the 2009 NFL Draft by the New York Giants.

Joseph said he also considered transferring to Miami. He said the Hurricanes asked for and received his release from Houston giving the two sides the right to talk, but nothing developed.

2. MexAmercnMoose

hope it works out for him in sam houston

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Wow I heard about this months ago... didn't realize it wasn't public yet.

I wish him the best, he'll do right by them.

4. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I just opened up a can of who cares.

5. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I just shat my britches.