1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Fox 26) Texans reached verbal agreement w/ Williams

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by candlegreen, Apr 28, 2006.

?

What is your reaction?

1. BIG Mistake to pass up on Bush!!

143 vote(s)
    41.9%
  2. Split feeling

51 vote(s)
    15.0%
  3. Mario William is the right choice

52 vote(s)
    15.2%
  4. Should have traded down if we were not going to draft Bush

95 vote(s)
    27.9%
  1. Major

Major Member

If the Texans have told the agent they have a deal and don't actually mean it, the Texans are playing with fire. It will affect all future negotiations with any agent, and probably kill any negotiations with this agent. That would be a dumb thing to do.

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Well, apparently Reggie Bush is going to fire his agent... so who knows who's really at fault.

3. Major

Major Member

Agreed - but then again, look at Philly a few years ago. Their fans revolted when they picked Donovan McNabb over Ricky Williams... that worked out pretty well. Win and all will be forgotten. Lose and the coaches will be fired anyway in 3 years.

4. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

Way to go, Bud McNair. I can't believe he is going to screw up all the good pr he got from the hiring of Kubiak and good fa signings. There is nothing wrong with taking Mario Williams, as long as he doesn't turn out like Courtney Brown. But he probably will, just because Bud has to build a legacy in Houston.

If the Texans weren't going to draft VY, then they definately should have taken the best trade they could get for the pick. If they had just stayed in the top 6 or 7 and got another pick high enough to get a starter, it would have been better than this.

If this is just some ploy, then screw those classless b****es. Although I've spent several hundred dollars in the last 4 years on the Texans, I have little invested emotionally. I guarandamntee you I won't let a team jerk my loyalty around again Adams did with his nonsense. I'll find something else to do.

5. GreenVegan76

GreenVegan76 Contributing Member

Marco Williams could become the Texans' Sam Bowie.

Don't overthink this -- draft the most spectacular college player of the last twenty years. It's not that complicated.

6. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

Too late...Berman is on 610 now telling it like it is.
    It's Mario!!!!

7. Jackfruit

Jackfruit Contributing Member

I'm torn over this. I have always said and continue to believe that Mario is the safest bet in this draft. However, I don't know if he is worthy of # 1. Ideally, I would have liked to have traded down, even if it was down to #2.

At #2, I am absolutely content with Mario. With # 1, it becomes a lot more uncertain.

VY merits a # 1 pick and so does Bush. However, I don't know about Mario or D'Brick. I guess it's because they are glamourous or sexy.

I'm really getting the feeling that Mario might be Mike Mamula, part two. Mamula also had ridiculous workouts in the DE which helped his draft position significantly. However, he wasn't much as a pro.

I'm getting the feeling that Casserly is giving us a final screwing before he moves on.

#47 Jackfruit, Apr 28, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2006
  8. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

Well.....defenses typically win Super Bowls and if Mario becomes Reggie White...then I guess it's worth it.

I dread when VY and RB play against the Texans.....then again maybe Mario can shut them up!!!!

9. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Wow. Im speechless. This will turn out to be the worst draft move in sports history. Mark my word.

10. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I'm shocked. I guess the Texans brass doesn't care about creating a buzz in the city. And while that shouldn't be the reason to draft a player, drafting Williams number 1 isn't the smartest decision either. I mean, the Texans should just trade the pick to get more picks and get Mario Williams lower.

11. Major

Major Member

To be fair, it was reported a week or so ago that about half the teams in the NFL have Williams rated as their #1 prospect. And its impossible to get Williams below #2 because NO will take him. So if the Texans really want him, this is the only way to get him.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The Saints were possibly going to draft Williams at #2... how much lower can u get?

13. UrMyStlkAl

UrMyStlkAl Member

Wow...I don't post much on here but I'm extremely dissapointed by this. Not many people want to see this guy go first. I'd much rather see an exciting offensive player to help power our offense. I didn't care one way or another w/ VY or Bush but this is weak... Guess I'll be dissapointed when I hear it for sure tomorrow.

14. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Mario Williams?

If thats the case I wish the Texans would have beaten the 49ners back in december.

To pass up Reggie Bush and Vince Young would be the most mind boggling thing I've ever seen in sports.

I almost feel sorry for Mario sitting a side the millions of dollars he will be making. Even if he is Julious Peppers next year the team will still be complete crap, reliant stadium will be an ugly site.

IF we get Reggie the offense has all the tools to become one of the best of the league. We get one of the most hyped players ever in college. Maybe he's to hyped up. But again thats what all this board said about LeBron James.

IF we pass on Vince Young. The'yre passing up on a local legend. A winner and guy that has all the tools to be an future all pro. Lets say Vince is a complete flop even if that happens the fans will still be alright because its a gamble that a large majority of the city wants to see.

I don't live in Houston. But I'm pretty sure that 90% of the FanBase hasn't grasped the thought that Vince or Reggie will not be Texans.

You shouldn't make moves based on what fans want. But theres going to be a crapload of upset people me included if this thing goes through

15. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I guess your right.

I was looking forward to seeing either Bush or Young in the Texans backfield. What a deflater.

16. UrMyStlkAl

UrMyStlkAl Member

17. askball

askball Member

ESPN just reported this on the broadcast of the cavs-wiz game.

18. Wasabi_sauce

Wasabi_sauce Member

Espn, just announced it too.

19. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

Am I dreaming?

Please don't tell me that after months of debating between Bush and Young that neither one will be a Texan?

I wanted Bush from the start, but I really don't care anymore. Give me Vince Young or give me Reggie Bush. Just give me one of those 2! :mad: