1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FOX 26] Texans Lose Davis for At Least 2 Weeks

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by amorephd, Oct 21, 2008.

1. amorephd

amorephd Member

Last Edited: Tuesday, 21 Oct 2008, 8:25 PM CDT
    Created: Tuesday, 21 Oct 2008, 7:50 PM CDT

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/p...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=6.1.1

HOUSTON -- NFL sources told FOX 26 Sports Tuesday the Houston Texans have lost receiver and special teams star Andre Davis from two to four weeks.

Davis had surgery on his left ring finger Monday. Head Coach Gary Kubiak said Monday the team was hopeful Davis would be able to play against the Cincinnati Bengals Sunday at Reliant Stadium. They now know that will not be the case.

Davis has caught seven passes for 123 yards, averaging a team-high 17.6 yards a catch. He has also returned 26 kicks, averaging 22.2 yards a return.

Last year Davis proved he could be a deep threat on offense and a significant weapon on special teams. Sunday he downed two Matt Turk punts inside the five yard line, which played a huge role in the outcome of the game against the Lions.

2. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

at first I was like...Dominick Davis is still on our team?

3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Does this mean Jacoby Jones might be seeing some passes? Hope he steps the hell up.

4. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I thought Anderson was ahead of him on the depth chart?

5. eric281

eric281 Member

That's so tough. I assume Jacoby really has much more talent and upside, but DA is such a hard worker and an easy guy to root for. Either way, I hope it means another 3-5 touches for Slaton - that's never a bad thing.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Between David Anderson, Owen Daniel and maybe Jacoby Jones, I don't think the Texans will miss him that much. Davis has such a small role in the offense it won't matter. On kickoff returns, he seemed a lot more dynamic last year than this year. I'm not trying to be critical, but Davis' has slacked off, IMO. He isn't a key player on the team.

7. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I know Davis's style isnt to dash up all hard into the wedge on his kick returns and he has that smooth stride already. But he's looked the epitome of average vanilla 4th option position filler more than a game changer. If David Anderson gets 1 catch he's about equalling Andre Davis production.

8. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Member

He was directly involved in downing the 3 punts to the Lions inside the 5. Do not discount what he brings on special teams. He is a major player on the cover team.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Understood. I didn't realize how valuable his contribution on punt coverage was.

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I think Jones should get the call at both spots. It's sink or swim time.