1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FOX 26: McGrady Will Return to Action Sunday or Monday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by amorephd, Jan 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amorephd

amorephd Member

Last Edited: Saturday, 24 Jan 2009, 4:30 PM CST
    Created: Saturday, 24 Jan 2009, 4:30 PM CST

HOUSTON -- The Houston Rockets are on the verge of getting guard Tracy McGrady back in the lineup.

McGrady is being listed as a game-time decision for Sunday's game in Detroit against the Pistons. If McGrady doesn't play in that game, he will play against the Knicks Monday in New York.

The bottom line is McGrady is back.

"I feel good this go-round," McGrady said in an interview with FOX 26 Sports. "I think there won't be any more in and out of the line-ups.

"I'm sure I'll put the criticism to bed."

McGrady heard the criticism as he tried to fight through a sore knee that didn't allow him to get into the physical shape he is accustomed to.

His knee issues were related to off-season surgery that had yet to completely heal.

Two weeks ago McGrady and the team decided he would concentrate on getting his strength back and not return to action until he was ready.

He has missed 6 games during that stretch, with the Rockets winning four and losing two.

McGrady worked hard on his own and has gone through two full workouts with the team and is ready to return to action.

"It has put me back in the mind-set of who I am as a basketball player....and that's the guy that everybody knows," McGrady said.

"The guy that showed up, the games I played this year, that wasn't me."

McGrady was trying to win on one leg but all of that is history now. He said Rockets fans and media will see vintage Tracy McGrady.

"Anxious, I'm eager to get out there with my guys," McGrady said. "I'm telling you, it's going to be a different story. I promise you that.

"I'm not going to try ease my way back in it. I'm going full-throttle. That's what I need. That's what my team needs. People who know me and know how I play this game, that's what they need to see."

McGrady has a message for Rockets nation.

"Y'all kicked me when I was down, but I'm back," McGrady said. "If you jumped off this bandwagon, I promise you're going to get back on. That's a promise."

2. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Hope this time he's 100% sure what he's up to and don't let his fans down again.Take yo' time T-Mac,we need an ol' Mac not a broken one. :D

3. theREALDEALkid

OK, if T-Mac's talking like this he must be feeling good, im expecting to see something good tom.

now i can't wait, its put up or shut up right now

4. devin23

devin23 Member

His message to rocket nation seem kinda like he reads what rockets fan talk about him.

5. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

over/under on the number of dunks mcgrady has tomorrow. I'm going to say 2.

6. theREALDEALkid

I'm gonna say Over, because vintage Mcgrady had a bout 3 dunks every game. He used "vintage" in the article so yeah..Over

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Didn't we hear this when he came back early in December? But apparently now it's different because he started lifting weights for the first time since his surgery. Great.

Let's see it to believe it.

8. Problem-Chyld

Problem-Chyld Member

I'm going to say 3. Wow he really seems confident now, Vintage mcgrady would mean the orlando mcgrady i think hes going too far, i sware if he shoots 4-18 tomorrow i give up on this guy

9. AggieRocketFan96

I'm definently getting sick of the TMAC bashing. Real Rockets fans need to rally behind him, support him, and appreciate his desire to get back to the TMAC we've all been waiting to see. Everyone deserves second chances, TMAC is no different. Get back on the bandwagon folks, I think a rejuvenated TMAC is exactly what this team needs and I pray he returns to form.

10. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

That's really a BIG "Promise". I hope he won't let us down again. We need a 100% physically and mentally strong TMac.

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

he simply RESTED mostly during that time to relieve the soreness (with some workouts here and there).

this time, he did an entire regimen of his off-season workout.

but you're right, we need to see it to believe it.

12. mi0304

mi0304 Member

I think this gonna be the last chance for Tracy in rocket uniform. He may know this too, so his confidence words gives me some credit.

Let's see, I am gonna believe what he saying for the last time.
    GO tracy show us what you still got

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

he's gonna be rusty. i'm not gonna judge him on one game. i'm gonna see if he can explode to the basket, how high is his elevation when he tries to dunk, is he quick of his feet, is his lateral movement good?... things like that.

if those things look good, his game will eventually come.

i mean tracy scored 26 pts in his last game and in no way did he "look" good.

14. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

yeah I though the same. let see what happens. he says he's going full throttle... hopefully he doesn't injury himself...

15. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

blah blah blah.

i'm one of the biggest tracy defenders on this board, but i wish the guy would just shut up.

i also wish he would stay out until after the all-star break.

16. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I agree let's see it to believe it, but he didn't say this before.

17. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

I want to see him run pick and rolls like the good ole days. The elevation was there in the OKC game, but the explosion going in both directions was not. Thats what ill be looking for.

18. Problem-Chyld

Problem-Chyld Member

i only say that because the way he's talking is like he's going to lead the league in scoring or something, its good to be confident but it will be a big disappointment if he doesn't play well. He shouldn't be rusty though, he's been playing ball still anyway. If his athleticism is better than im confident he'll be better.

19. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

I'll believe it when I see it. I haven't seen it in years ....

20. amorephd

amorephd Member

...if FOX 26 plays the interview tonight...I think you will see a confidence in TMAC!!!...I believe!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.