1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Found male, black and white shih tzu

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Tommyboy, Dec 16, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

My brother found this male, black and white shih tzu roaming the Meadows of Southdown subdivision in Pearland off of Hawk and Norfolk Drive. He does not have a collar on so we're going to take him to the vet in the morning to check for an ID chip. I gave him a quick bath to get some dirt and mud off of him but he looks healthy overall. If you or anyone you know may have lost this poor little guy please contact me through the site or at 832-713-8412. I just printed several signs to go tape on the mailboxes once the rain passes.
    [​IMG]

14 people like this.
  2. Relentless

Relentless Member

You're a good man for doing this. Repped

3. David Stern

David Stern Member

Agree. You are good people.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Sounds like he had a tough time.

repped

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Tommy da Man

6. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

post on SPCA of Houston website in the lost/found section

7. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

You rock Tommyboy! Hopefully the little guy is microchipped and is able to return home!

*For the life of me I can't comprehend why dog owners don't have a collar and a tag on their dogs.

8. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Here is what you do.. Take the little fella over the river and thru the woods. Open the door..j.k. I have a half shih tzu/ half Pomeranian....hope it goes well on a home

1 person likes this.
  9. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

Just posted on SPCA of Houston found dogs section. We just walked around the neighborhood to post fliers on the community mail boxes. Hopefully someone calls us soon.

10. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

Quick update we took him to the vet this morning and he has a microchip with current owner's information. The vet called the owner and they were reunited this morning. So he's back home safe and sound now!

3 people like this.
  11. Sajan

Sajan Member

Best news all day.

Well this is the only news I have heard so far.

12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Awesome!! Good job, man. You're good people.

13. David Stern

David Stern Member

YYYYYYYEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! Good job my friend. Would rep if clutch didn't strip me of my repping abilities.

14. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Big fan of people like yourself and I hate people. My neighbor works for a Shih Tzu rescue and keeps a few in her home until they are ready for adoption. Very glad you reunited the pup with the owners! Wish I could rep you more.

15. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

Thanks for everyone's kind words but this is the least I could do. We have two adopted boxer rescues and would hope that if they ever got lost someone would help them the same as we did for this little guy. We're just glad he was microchipped as this was the perfect example of why to get'em chipped!

16. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Agreed on the chip. We also received our Boxer from Lonestar Boxer Rescue, and they require them to be chipped. This is due to some people adopting them but then finding out they cannot or no longer want to take care of the dogs and just released them. Sickening thought. We also have our Schnauzers chipped as well. Totally worth the piece of mind since we know there are people like you out there. Wish I could rep more.

17. David Stern

David Stern Member

You should write clutch and ask that he give me my repping ability back so i can rep tommyboy. What you say??

18. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

GOOD STUFF, man.

There's a Lost and Found Pets Facebook group that is constantly looking for and posting pictures of lost pets. :eek: I'll post its address when I find it.

HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION:
    What would you need, from a legal standpoint, in order to give the dog back to its rightful owner :confused: ? Suppose someone sees a reward sign... acts like they're the owner, and wants to take the dog away from you... just to take the reward... would they have to show paperwork, vaccinations, etc.? How do you trust they're the right peeps, owners of the dog, etc.? So many questions... if I ran into that situation...

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Good job Tommyboy

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I don't know why I got my rep giving ability taken away too. I was repping a lot of people though :)