1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Former Rocket joins Heat FO as Director of Analytics

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Feb 17, 2017.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

The No-Stats All-Star himself will be joining Pat Riley & Co. and will be tasked with developing their analytics department and evaluating talent...

Linky

The Miami HEAT announced today that they have hired former HEAT player and two-time NBA champion Shane Battier as the Director of Basketball Development & Analytics. His duties will include the development of analytics in evaluating all talent, including college, free agents and current Miami players.

“We believe Shane is an incredible example of our HEAT program, not only for the present, but also for the future,” said HEAT President Pat Riley. “He embodies everything that we are looking for in our players and staff. We feel he will help us tremendously with his experience and knowledge of the game. Shane is an out-of-the-box thinker and will bring a fresh expertise that can help us evolve as a franchise.”

“I am thrilled to be joining the front office of the Miami HEAT,” said Shane Battier. “I look forward to working with the Arison family, learning from a Hall of Fame executive in Pat Riley, General Manager Andy Elisburg and of course my old coach, Erik Spoelstra. My goal, as is the entire organizations, is to bring another championship back to Miami.”

2. photojoe

photojoe Member

Should in the Dish... But with that said I love Barrier and wish him the best.

Also, btw- did anyone check out his bright red pants during Yao's jersey retirement ceremony?

3. Nook

Nook Member

Shane Battier is not someone that will put in really long hours so this will be interesting.

durvasa likes this.
  4. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

love ya shane - good luck pal

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

I refuse to resign a former Rocket bloody-faced playoff legend to the Dish!

If the GARM is good enough for Tracy Murray, then it's good enough Monsieur Battier.

photojoe likes this.
  6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Battier - " Hey Daryl, I've decided I'm ready to return to the nba for a front office position, I have a offer from Miami but Houston has always been home for me and I'd love to re-join the organization "

Morey - " That's wonderful news Shane, we'd love to have you. What position are you looking for? "

Battier - " I'd like to apply for Director of analytics "

Morey - " Get the **** out, that's my job Shane. *hangs up*

Battier - " Miami it is "

roslolian likes this.
  7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

We should hire Chuck Hayes to counter this move. Chuck was the real Battier.

napalm06 likes this.
  8. MONON

MONON Member

Great opportunity for Battier. I wish him well.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

We should hire Rudy Gay to a front office position then trade him to the Heat for Battier

Btw this is why Barkley will never be a GM. Analytics isn't just an advantage anymore, it's mandatory as almost every FO in the NBA is using it (except Phil Jackson and LOL at the NYN right now). When Barkley said analytics is for nerds he basically labeled himself as obsolete.

#9 roslolian, Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    topfive likes this.
  10. photojoe

photojoe Member

I don't know. I can think of several other reasons why Barkley will never be a GM.