1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Former p*rn star loses appeal to teach middle school

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by roxxfan, Jan 16, 2013.

Tags:
  1. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

With the internet nothing you do in the past will ever remain secret.

3. Dei

Dei Member

Sucks.

My side won. Yay.

4. roxxfan

Very true. Kinda on the fence about this one. On one hand I think what happens in your personal life if your business, but on the other hand being a p*rn star is such a provocative career, and maybe being a teacher isn't appropriate :confused:

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

It looks like she's seen more than her fair share of protein.

[​IMG]

6. roxxfan

Are you a female?

7. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Like it or not, teaching is not like other professions. The community can set "standards" by which teachers must comply. For example: most folk could go out at night, get drunk, end up dancing on a table, and your boss has very little recourse. As long as it doesn't affect your work performance, you're in the clear. If you do that as a teacher, you can and probably will be fired. In fact, teaching is one of the few professions where it's still fully legal to be fired for being gay. This woman should have known better than to even try to teach.

8. Dei

Dei Member

No. I was referring to a discussion about this before. We had a thread topic about this when she was just removed. I was on the side that she shouldn't be allowed to teach anymore.

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not saying she should be fired. I would have to know more about her, perhaps I will do some research into her background. ;)

Seriously though if I was on the school board I would consider how well she had taught and also how much p*rn she had done before deciding to fire her. I don't think being doing some p*rn should automatically disqualify her. I might see about moving her to another school since her students had found out about her past.

10. micks96

micks96 Member

[​IMG]

It could work

11. roxxfan

Personally, if I was in her shoes, I wouldn't want to teach at said location anyway.....at least not anymore. Everybody, all students and surrounding community knows about this now. Isn't that a little embarrassing or shameful? She would probably get looked down upon or heckled

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    How do you know the school board didn't do just that? I'm sure some of the board members (at least) did their due diligence ;)

13. conquistador#11

p*rn is morally wrong and corrupt! Sex was meant for husband and wife only!!!
    (heading out to the blue oysterbar.)

14. what

what Member

I am not sure why this is an issue frankly.

If I'm not correct schools teach sexed, and the problem with the decision is that while it may be true that she "deceived" the school about her involvement with p*rn, if she would have been up front from the beginning, she would likely not have gotten the job.

In my opinion, there needs to be some serious reform in the labor laws, specifically concerning what information on the applications are deemed "deceitful" to make the hiring process FAIR for all job seekers.

In this girls case, the decision should be based on at what age should kids be considered mature enough to deal with things like being taught by a p*rn star. Similar to the legal age for buying beer.

If there are clear guidelines, for example, if your previous position was a stripper, and the legal age for kids where something like that didn't matter was say 16 years old, then schools should be permitted to ask that specifically when an applicant applies for a job for students under the age of 16. Otherwise, the applicant should be able to without that information from the school so that it doesn't negatively affect her potential to get the job. As it stands, businesses and corporations get away with far too much in the way they can delve into your personal business.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

I'm sure she swallows as well... then takes it up the hathaway.

16. Nero

Nero Member

She lost her appeal, I can tell by looking at her picture.

If she lost her appeal, she should be able to teach, right?

Or was that not the meaning of the headline? It says she lost her appeal so she could teach.

eh never mind, I just need some caffeine.

:grin:

17. Nook

Nook Member

We live in a messed up society. So p*rn stars are good enough for literally billions of people to watch and spend huge amounts and money and time on. However they are supposed to be looked down upon and open to scorn.

Really messed up.

18. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

FIXED. :eek:

I thought THE ACT was called Hathaway... not "back there".:grin:

19. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Is she even deserving to be labeled a 'p*rn star'? Never fapped to her, i mean never seen her before.

20. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

If that teacher gave an F i'd just be like , HAHA, you would know since you're an expert in getting F'd .

1 person likes this.