1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Former NBA Ref] Steve Javie Opinion About Harden/Scott Foster

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rantsolpuella13, Feb 27, 2019.

1. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

"refs should have press conferences"

this is why everyone says refs have a huge ego

Sajan likes this.
  2. malakas

malakas Member

This podcast looks really interesting. Thanx for bringing this to my attention, OP.
    Even though I don't agree it is certainly interesting to listen to his opinion.

3. Handles

Handles Member

It's not meant as an insult. And come on, we have posters here that have already pointed out Javie contradicting his comments from November... If that isn't attention seeking idk what is.

I don't care to hear from these refs when we're all here to watch and talk basketball. Everyone knows refs will stick up for each other, always. Why even make a quote about it (a contradicting quote) if everyone knows what he's going to say when a ref's reputation is in question? I've already wasted too much time thinking about Javie now.

We have similar lines of thinking here. I believe Foster is for sure dirty, though.

Louka likes this.
  4. Entropy

Entropy Member

Corrupt ref lies defending another corrupt ref. News at 11.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

Also, Gordon doesn't help. He's still got the worst body language of the bunch. In general, I'd say it's best not to piss off the refs, especially when we clearly benefit from their calls.

6. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

A company man as the book describes it.

pippendagimp likes this.
  7. YallMean

YallMean Member

That to me shows some of the NBA refs are not professional. This is a bias and premature. If you come to the game with a mindset he is trying to fool me, then you will have BS calls, and that's what happened.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Exactly. Javie indirectly confirmed that Harden was being targeted. Or what he said was just some BS nonsense.

9. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Puto ref backs Puto ref.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  10. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

This is the same as cops sticking up for each other, or people in the same gang. They're not about to start snitching on each other, that's when ish hits the fan.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  11. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

It's completely understood that being a ref is a difficult job that is often critisized and making the correct calls is difficult when the pace of the game is sped up in order to make the viewers enjoy a higher scoring game but what could be easily corrected is always overlooked..

Consistency and enforcing the right call every time would help negate the obvious superstar biased-ness that helps refs give an edge to superstars and regular NBA players. It wasn't just a few years ago that the league tried to set a tone in order to get players from over complaining on cameras.. that only helped increase friction between players , coaches and refs.

Just make the right call every time you can and then everyone can next blame the players for not being able to adjust to the way fouls are called.. until they do. Then when playoffs come around, they can adjust the way the game is officiated to allow for a more physical series.

You get paid to make the hard calls, if you can't deal with the aftermath it's probably a good idea to look forward into what's the best compromise for both sides. If the game was officiated more consistently there would be less issues like this arising. But what do I know, I'm just a fan trying to enjoy watching basketball .

rantsolpuella13 and Junkyard Dog like this.