1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Former Houston Rocket Joe Stephens running for public office

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by HR Dept, Jan 4, 2016.

1. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Looks like he's running for a seat as a JP in Harris County Precinct 3. (East Harris County: Channelview, Baytown, Northshore, Crosby, etc)

As a kid, I knew his grandmother and she was a beautiful and vibrant woman well into her 90s. His campaign signs are all over the place on this end along with several other candidates running for various offices in Pct 3. If you live in this area check him out along with some of the other canidates running for local offices, and let's make some informed decisions for our local gov at the ballots.

LINK

Note: I just thought it was pretty cool to see a former Rocket from my childhood running for local office and wanted to share. I only posted in the D&D due to the political angle.

1 person likes this.
  2. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I grew up with Joe - North Shore C/O '91 - He's been extremely active in the community and the schools. He currently runs an insurance agency, was active on the school board, and several other community groups and organizations. He truly cares about the community and the people in it.

3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Looks like there wasn't many people interested in discussing this before, which is understandable. But Joe Stephens won his election for JP.

Couldn't have happened to a better guy.