1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Former HISD officer admits to fondling middle school student

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Old but New to me.
    How the hell did he get off so lightly?

Rocket River

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-...fficer-admits-to-fondling-middle-11170371.php

A former Houston Independent School District police officer accused of fondling a 14-year-old student at the school where he worked will spend five years on probation after pleading guilty Wednesday to having an improper relationship with a student.

Jacob Ryan Delgadillo, 30, was charged with two felony counts of indecency with a child, accused of having the girl perform oral sex on him and fondling her at Cullen Middle school on Nov. 18, 2015.

Delgadillo said little as he pleaded guilty to state District Judge Marc Carter, but acknowledged that he will have to surrender his law enforcement license as part of the plea deal.

Victim says Fairfield teacher touched her inappropriately in classroom

Facing a possible punishment of 20 years in prison, he agreed to spend five years on deferred adjudication, a form of probation that means he will not have a conviction on his record if he successfully completes the probation. He also will not have to register as sex offender.

If he violates the terms, which include not contacting the girl or having any contact with minors, he could be sentenced to the maximum punishment.

His attorney, Paul Aman, declined to comment after the brief hearing.

Prosecutor Jennifer Stabe said the girl's family, who were not in court Wednesday, were satisfied with the result.

Stabe said the two counts of indecency with a child were dismissed as part of the plea. The charge of improper relationship with a student means Delgadillo admitted only to placing the girl's hand on his genitals.

During the fall of 2015, Delgadillo apparently raised suspicion when a teacher saw him looking for the girl through a classroom window and blowing kisses at her.

The girl told a teacher that she had performed oral sex on him in the girls' bathroom on campus.

The girl told police that Delgadillo also showed her naked pictures of himself on his cellphone.

Investigators later found several cellphone photos of him in various states of undress, including one in which he is exposing himself in his campus office and dressed in his campus uniform.

Delgadillo was assigned to Cullen Middle School before his resignation in December 2015, school officials said.

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Sounds like he got off. It seems like a sentence a female teacher would get.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I looked up the laws on the books trying to find some reason or technicality that would have led to the light sentence but I've got nothing. My best guess is that the girl's family influenced the prosecutor to be lenient or something because they said they were satisfied with the 5 years differed adjudication and most families absolutely wouldn't have been satisfied with that.

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Ridiculous.

5. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Given that he was charged with two counts, I'm going to bet he got off more than once. But what do you think of the plea deal?

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think so as well.
    Which is why it is so surprising

Rocket River

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Gotta be more to this story. No way parents should be satisfied with that outcome.

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

That's it, the only way to make schools safer is to give kids guns. If we can't even trust officers to protect us, this is the only option. Come on NRA, lower the concealed weapons permit age to 6. Do the right thing.

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Sometimes when it's your first offense (of anything, so completely clean record) and your lawyer brings you a plea deal the court's give you a much lighter sentence than what you would have received if you tried to fight it and plead not guilty.

Basically it saves the courts time and money.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

dat blue privilege.

hvic and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.
  11. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Maybe the girl was a NWA fan?!

12. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Pretty crazy, considering there are people who got caught with drugs serving serious time.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

this dude needs to be placed in gen pop in prison and registered as a sex offender

CallMeTheDream likes this.
  14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

"Prosecutor Jennifer Stabe said the girl's family, who were not in court Wednesday, were satisfied with the result"

Doesn't sound like the girl was all that innocent.

#14 rockbox, Feb 27, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    RKREBORN and gatsby like this.
  15. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

We are definitely missing information. There has to be more to this story in order for him to get such a light sentence. Maybe she was the aggressor in this? Thats the absolutely only thing I can think of that would grant him any leniency. But even in that instance, he's far too old for any excuses - he still knows better and deserves more than what he was sentenced.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

14 years don't have to be innocent for adults to NOT F*CK AROUND WITH THEM

I don't give a damn if she got butt naked

Rocket River

Torn n Frayed, Reeko and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.
  17. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

um..like I said..

18. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Yup. Definitely sounds like he got off (easy?) alright.

19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

My completely under-informed guess is that the police union lawyer negotiating on his behalf said he'd fight the charges if the blowjob was included. Prosecuting police is hard, and the family was probably not keen on having to put their 14 year old on the stand to answer questions about her sexual liaisons from a hostile lawyer. So they took the low-hanging fruit. It at least will get him out of law enforcement for 5 years.