1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Former Bengal Reggie Williams faces leg amputation

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by roxxfan, Aug 27, 2013.

1. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

American Football will become extinct in 20 years.

3. Buck Turgidson

It's borderline criminal how poorly the NFLPA has represented the older generations of players. We should all feel guilty because we support it, but I do not understand how the decision-makers at the NFL can sleep at night, it's not like they don't have the financial wherewithal to fix this. They had to be dragged kicking and screaming, fighting every step of the way, into a rational conversation about head trauma in the sport, and that's only for the recent athletes and they're still fighting it. They systematically ignore everyone else.

The full Cincy Enquirer article is worth a read: http://news.cincinnati.com/interact...nnati-Bengal-fighting-save-leg?nclick_check=1

Some pics of his knee over the past few years: Spoilered images view at own risk.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#3 Buck Turgidson, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2013
  4. alaskansnowman

Sad story - seems like this guy just had a run of very bad luck with those infections and all.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No it won't. Boxing, which is just as brutal, has survived for 100 years. Even spawned a more brutal sport of MMA.

6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The equipment will get better. Someone will create knee braces that are so small and lightweight...that there is no affect on performance at all. Someone will create a helmet that reduces concussions to a minimal risk.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Boxing used to be one of the most popular sports in America now it is a niche sport watched by few. It can happen to football as well.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Which will make the game slower, the hits softer and the fans will walk away to something else.

Watch Rugby become the UFC of contact sports in the U.S.

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Scary when your knee looks better completely opened up.

10. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Rugby is already a better sport.

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You are clueless. Football is not going anywhere. There will always be people willing to put their bodies at risk for fame and fortune.

12. Grinds

Grinds Member

Too much gambling in football to stop being popular. Boxing is still huge when the right fights happen.. if Pac and Mayweather fought 2 years ago it would've set records.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I think at some point long before surgery #25 I'd be like cut the thing off let's go with peg leg.

14. Grinds

Grinds Member

24 knee surgeries made his leg 3 inches shorter. Damn

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I saw the pictures, tried to read the story and could only get so far. Those pictures of his knee will stay in my mind for a while.