1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Forget if Lin starts, the real question should be whether his minutes drastically reduces

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cloudx9, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Cloudx9

Cloudx9 Member

I see alot of people mentioning Lin as a good 6th man a la Manu, I also think this is best for the team. however real good 6th mans like Manu and Harden also get 32 to 35 mpg coming off the bench. I have a feeling thats not the case with Lin. I think Lin will end up with similar to patrick beverly last year at the end of season 20 to 24mpg.This should prob be the more interesting to see when season starts. If Lin and Bev both get 30mpg in a 3 guard rotation type situation with Harden. I think everyone will be happy. If Lins playing closer to 20mpg then thats really a demotion and itll get really interesting here :)

2. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Great first post

3. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Agreed that minutes is really the most important. I think he and Bev will both get around 28-30 mpg

4. TheBigFive

TheBigFive Member

He'll get his 18-20 minutes a game. He won't sniff the end of the fourth quarter. He will need to go in there and get his stats in the 18-20 minutes, so that he will have a chance to start on an NBA team when his contract is over.

Him being coming off the bench give Mchale carte blanche to bench him in the 4th, which is huge for Mchale.

5. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

IB4C (InB4Clutch)

6. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Gonna put my reply in a new thread, I'll post the link here.

7. langal

langal Contributing Member

He'll get what he deserves. I think everyone is way beyond the "eye test" days. He is obviously a legit NBA player and the days of getting waived for Acie Law or Jonny Flynn are a thing of the past.

8. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

23-26 minutes per game.

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Fixed it for you

10. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

lol nice

11. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Nicely put. I can't help laughing out loud.

12. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

The real question? How good can this team be? It is not about one player, it is only about the team...

13. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

What a brilliant post.

14. Defy9

Defy9 Member

Can't we just see how plays better in regular season? It's not like the person who starts the first match of regular season is obligated to play as starter for the rest of the season of the backup PG is playing better...

15. kastuul

kastuul Member

Harden's TO will be sky high and Beverley in foul trouble.

16. TheBigFive

TheBigFive Member

I know you want that. It's not what you want, it's what Mchale wants. Do you see a scenerio where Lin will finish most games? That's the only way he'll get 28-30 mins.

17. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

20 - 25 mins max.

Expecting anything more you don't understand NBA basketball.

Please don't bring up Manu. It is a joke. Lin is no Manu and Pop never lacks trust in Manu's game like McHale to Lin.

18. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

You do realize that the Rockets only have 2 players who can reliably create their own shots don't you? Lin and Harden. There are only 44 players in the NBA that have a %AST of below 40%. About one out of every ten. Offenses stagnate terribly if they do not have a player who can create their own shots on the floor. And DDMO works to its very best when there are two players on the floor that can create their own shots. The Rockets are fortunate to have a very deep PG rotation. The coaching staff will play the appropriate point guard given the circumstances. We will know the answer in the next six weeks.

You should not start a thread with your first post. Ever.

19. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

He'll be the most expensive player per minute in the NBA.

20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Kobe?