1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Forget and Learn from Game 5....Game 6 Adjustments

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beardaholic13, May 10, 2017.

1. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

1. No more 7 man rotations.....it was obvious that the whole frickin team was dead tired and that ended any ball movement . You get dekker and harrell who can play spot minutes but you cannot have a 7 man rotation and expect your star to run every play.

2.No more taking your time. Work early in the shotclock i mean this isnt hard to figure out. Whenever we go iso we have a worse chance of getting a good shot off.

3. Keep moving the ball and gassing them out . First half was perfect but we just stopped doing what was working on offense and became to predictable.

4.Stop rotating or doubling off of green and mills. You cant leave these shooters open id rather la just take the shot over whoever.

We are the Better team, we are just stupider which makes a big difference. We have what it takes to win team wise, i hope the mentality is there. Lets take Game 6 and push it all game.

deb4rockets and Lawlruschang like this.
  2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

PLAY MOAR PEOPLE

Also, this

is catchier than "Run as One."

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Decker and Harrell have to play. That's the only adjustment necessary.

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

D'Antoni gets asked if he'll expand the rotation at 2:40

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  5. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

This. They only need to give us 5 min or so each. That's 12 more fouls and more rest for key folks.

And, run your offense in the clutch. This is what the Spurs do best and what we do the worst (historically). No reason to play ISO ball in overtime.

Hakeemtheking and PyroTex like this.
  6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

what a dumb ass reply... "I din't think about it between here and the locker room..." Really? Cause to most of watching the latter half of the 4th qtr and OT saw a lot of obviously tired legs and knew the rotation would have to be expanded to combat that in the future... but MDA hadnt even thought about it? ok.... lol....

pippendagimp likes this.
  7. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

I pretty much agree with OP, run their oldman azz into the ground try & spell our people so they won't be ragged out at the end. Somebody steal or break the Magic Time Machine that Manu had access to. I'm not so sure about Beard fightin agains't Gasol & LA. We really miss Nene, we need some Heavy Meat under the basket.

8. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

MDA is a basketball genius. I don't think he was being serious.

9. T for 3

T for 3 Member

total coach speak. I'm sure he has thought about it plenty.

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

law of averages says that patricia, manure, and danny boy aren't going to make all those contested 3's again

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Why is he a genius? Zero titles, .530 win percentage in 20 years. Never even played for a title. I guess Mike Brown is a genius plus.

Little Bit and CapelaOnlyFan like this.
  12. jayfree

jayfree Member

ADJUSTMENTS: Go out there and BALL for 48 minutes. If Harden is tired at the end of the game then have Beverley bring the ball up and pick-n-roll with. When Harden holds the ball for 20 seconds the defense knows he doesn't have time to pass it for a shot so they load up on him. Bad basketball. If the Rockets would have attacked in OT they would have wore out the Spurs defense and offense. Instead they played a half-court set which goes right into their hands. Basically the Rockets HANDED THEM that victory.

deb4rockets likes this.
  13. bigred77

bigred77 Member

The 3rd quarter of game 6 is the most important. If we have 12-15 point lead to start the 4th Pop will not hesitate to pull his starters, concede the game, and move on to game 7. Spurs get 2 days of rest between 6 and 7, play at home, get Kawhi some more time to heal, and Pop gets to "send a message" to his players one last time before the final game. Put game 6 to bed early so we can rest up as well.

Lou, EG, and Bev HAVE to outplay Ginobli, Mills, Green, and Simmons. They just have to. That's the key to this series.

14. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

So the 'genius' didn't think to not run Harden in the ground the entire game? Only an idiot would call dantoni a genius. He's a good coach but he's a level above McHale in showing competence to make adjustments.

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

D'Antoni running a 7 player rotation isn't "dumb" and doesn't prove that he is "an idiot". What it means is that he was taking a calculated risk. I don't agree with it, but I apparently weight different factors like energy and rebound tenacity more whereas Mike ranks trust and safety more.

He had an idea that the more he sticks to the players he can trust, the lower the risk involved in the style of play. What he miscalculated was the amount of fatigue that would occur. Doesn't make him an idiot - shortsighted, maybe. He'll be an idiot if he does it again and doesn't show any signs of accounting for the factors that influenced game 5.

I also don't think D'Antoni was to blame for Harden collapsing into a black hole with 3 minutes left in regulation. From Harden's own mouth have come the words "coach lets me handle the plays when I see a better read that he doesn't" [paraphrasing]. <--- This is in print, posted on Clutchfans earlier this year.

bulkatron likes this.
  16. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Push the tempo till we all heave over and die!

17. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Give few minutes for troy harrell and sam. They needs energy to run shoot defence and grab more rebounds. If u play with spurs rhythm, it will lose. In game 5, spurs has 103 times to shoot houston just 88 times. Grab more rebounds is important

18. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I see going for drives in the beginning and if that doesn't work (not get the calls) we work ten feet of the basket. It's what the spurs are giving us. Then keep pace. Take the open threes.

19. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Defend patty mills like he is westbrook. denial defense, if need be. i am always at the edge with this guy in the 3 pt area and time winding down.

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

see...you can be funny and completely dismiss the question and say how ridiculous it is to ask a Coach that, at the same time. Pops just likes being a dick.

Os Trigonum likes this.