1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ford wins Wooden award as well

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by junglerules, Apr 12, 2003.

Tags:
  1. junglerules

junglerules Member

2. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

After Texas lost to 'Cuse one of the cbs people asked him if he was sticking around another year and he said yea for sure. Hope he does, exciting player to watch play.

3. junglerules

junglerules Member

Yeah, I did hear that, and I do believe him. I guess the only thing that makes me nervous is that so many prognosticators, Andy Katz for instance, who keep referring to "insiders" that claim he hasn't decided yet. And then seeing people like Mario Austin claim all year long he's coming back, and then to see him go out and get an agent, kind of makes me think it's all lip service until the deadline has passed....We'll see, I hope he stays. If he leaves, it takes UT from a top 5 team to a solid team, but not a threat to win it all.

4. SoSoDef76

SoSoDef76 Contributing Member

Ford said in the Chronicle today that he may consider the NBA now. I hope not.

5. IVFL

IVFL Member

keep in mind C. Anthony made a refrence about staying in college. It would be nice to see players stick around and learn more about the game there. Instead of players jumping to the NBA and waiting a few years to "breakout"

6. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

He would be worse than Jay Williams.

HAHAHAHA

Yeah, go ahead and draft T.J., Chicago!:D

7. outlaw

outlaw Member

if he does leave then best of luck to him.

UT guards haven't had any success in the NBA...Mays, Blanks, Tyler, Rencher, Freeman, Clack, Kelly...

8. junglerules

junglerules Member

True, but I don't like basing one guy's future success on the failure of other players who a) never played with HIM, and b) played under an entirely different coach and system. Besides, most of those guys were scorers, or not point guards entirely, such as Clack, Rencher, Freeman, etc.

I think TJ is a unique talent. It doesn't guarantee he'll succeed in the NBA by any means. But, his leadership, floor vision, quickness and ability to make those players around him better are all certainly things that NBA GM's will want to see in a point guard. Will his size and CURRENT inability to be a consistent shooter hold him back? That's for them to decide....

9. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

Its hard for PG's in the NBA to try to help make the guys better around him because it seems like they just bring the ball up and dish it out by the 3 point line and then its one on one out there.

10. dn1282

dn1282 Member

It'd be pointless for Carmelo to stay in college. I saw all the syracuse games and there wasn't one game where he didn't dominate the opponents. He's virtually unguardable.

It may sound like a stretch but I think he's the Lebron James of D-1 ncaa bball.

11. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Because they played under Tom "I don't give a f---" Penders offensive system that requires guards to run around with their heads cut off, while firing 30 ft jumpers.