1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For us non Comcast users, a question.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joesr, Feb 2, 2013.

1. joesr

joesr Member

Have you non Comcast users had any changes in 'attitude' towards watching games. I am not asking if you like you rockets any less. Just that, has not being able to watch your games on the regular basis affected of watching games period.

I will use myself as an example. Prior to this I would record games if I could not get to them due to school or work. I would put games down as soon as the Rockets came on. If its a good team or rivalry we are playing I would even call out of work. I had our schedules memorized for goodness sakes. Now, with games only being able to viewed over a stream (for us non Comcast Houstonians), it is like a horrible transition only getting worse.

It is at a point to where, if I miss a game, streaming, it is no big deal. Watching on a smaller computer screen as well does not help the situation.

What brought this question up, though, is that I just saw a game coming up or actually already on and I am not even phased by it. I am even asking the wife if she wants to watch The Man with the Iron Fist (we just watched Alex Cross and after it as done I saw that the Rockets were playing the Bobcats).

My point is that before all this one service bull crap I would not miss a Rockets game for anything but now its just, "eh".

So is anyone else experiencing it like this or worse?

2. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I've gotten used to missing games by now. Just waiting till my interest to watch games on a more consistent basis is reacquired.

3. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

I just watch all the games via stream now. It sucks, but I'd rather watch the Rockets than not watch.

4. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I don't make time to watch games now... If I'm able to catch one via stream, I'll try if its not laggy..

But I hardly even know when we play these days.

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I could be watching the game via stream, but instead im more focused on a fantasy draft with my brahs and dont really care to go thru the trouble of streaming... sad...

Ill jus follow my sports app om how the game progresses...

6. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

I counted 3 streams so far.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Had Comtrash to start the season. Caught maybe the first five games. Switched to UVerse. Haven't really made the effort or gone out of my way to catch games. Meh.

#7 J.R., Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  8. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

I just listen to the games on the radio. Then check the highlights afterwards.

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I must have done something right in a former life because the DISH league pass doesn't black out the games for me and I live in Sugar Land.

10. ashiin

ashiin Member

I've been able to catch every game since I live in Boston :p

11. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

That sucks man, don't lose your interest. Although if you're a family man, sitting around the living room watching a pixelated version of the Rockets playing is just not the same as watching it on TV.

12. New Generation

Watching games on the computer isn't the end of the world to me. If anything, I like being able to watch on my computer/TV at the same time.

13. rocketry

rocketry Member

I feel you, man. I hadn't missed a game in like a decade till this fiasco. I've watched about 5 games this year. I thought I'd be going through Rockets withdrawal but I haven't in the least.

I think they've lost a lot of loyal fans because of this BS.

I love UVerse. Would NEVER in my life even think of going back to CONcast.

14. MONON

MONON Member

Right now, I'm watching IU/Michigan on ESPN. I just saw the halftime Rockets score & came on board to see what y'all were saying about how they are playing. I'll check back again in half an hour. By the way, IU up by 11 at Bloomington.

15. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I just listen to the streams and watch the 4th quarter for the most part. Sometimes I will watch a good stream, but I won't go out of my way to watch a Rockets game. I used to check the schedule regularly, but now I don't care if I miss a game and won't even watch the highlights. My interest has already been waning over the last 3 seasons since we haven't been making the playoffs.

16. Rockets25

Rockets25 Member

The team isn't very good so it's not a big deal not being able to watch them. If they were a legit contender then it might be a different story.

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Went to Ragin Cajun for dinner

Been watching college basketball...Baylor/ISU and Mich/Indiana since I got home.

Showed my boys some old Vernon Maxwell highlight mix on YouTube

Following Rockets score on NBA Game Time app

Very difficult to really follow a team this way.

18. joesr

joesr Member

Good stuff guys. Seems like a bunch of ya have the same thoughts.

I think there is truth to this. While not losing me, I know I have not bought a single Rocket attire or seats at a game (which is stupid on Les part, because I always go with the family (4 tickets) and they always eat = chaaaching).

Although, I do not know about this.
    I would love to watch my rookies progression, win or lose.

19. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I feel more disconnected to this team than any in the past. No surprise since I've only seen them twice on TV and once at Toyota Center. So no, I have not gone out of my way to watch them this year by going to a sports bar or anything. I haven't even called DirecTV to complain.

20. jocar

jocar Member

It's hard for me to be "meh" when they're so fun to watch. I felt the same way you did at the beginning of the season, but after I started watching every game, I was reminded what I was missing out on. Maybe this new group hasn't had enough time to grow on you (as much as you're used to) yet?