1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For those of you that wanted this team to tank/rebuild stop complaining.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonFan81, Jan 8, 2012.

1. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I still think this team is too talented to get a top 5 pick but if we keep on losing I think Morey will have no other choice but to trade scola or martin in order to truly play our young guys and roll the dice. If we are able to get a 1st round pick for Scola that is between 8-12 to go along with our pick between 6-12 to go along with the Knicks pick I would consider it a success. You would then have 3 fairly high 1st round picks in a very deep draft to go along with Lowry and a boat load of salary to spend on either a FA or trade. Stop complaining fellas this isn't that bad.

2. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

No complaints other than tanking when not trying to is pretty disappointing. What I don't get is that this core played together at the end of last year's season and did pretty well. I forgot who said this but I will give it until the all star break before criticizing the coaching staff.

Also, KMart isn't playing as well as he used to. Do you think it's because of the rules change? If so, do you think he will overcome this?

3. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

At the end of the day who cares whether they are trying or not. Considering the injuries, and strength of schedule it was almost inevitable. As far as K-Mart he just isn't a great player especially with this more traditional offense.

4. Raven

Raven Member

Eight teams have two victories, including us. Only one team (the 0-7 wizards) has a worse record. For the Rockets to have a real shot at landing a top five pick, they need to avoid win streaks and consistently lose 2 out of 3, maybe 3 out of 4, but even drafting in the top ten is better than drafting at 14 or 15. As we know all too painfully, it's very easy to miss out on the guy you want by one or two positions on the board.

5. dd89

dd89 Member

Why don't you stop complaining about people complaining?

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

Gosh, don't you just hate it when we win? I mean, seriously, they're not even trying (to tank)!

7. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Man thats crazy 8 teams with only 2 victories and I thought we were bad ? Even if we have our terrible season it may be only a pick around 10.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That depends upon how the ping pong balls fall.

Make no mistake this Rockets team is not very good, they can do what they have always done and play harder than most and eek out a few more wins, but that would be bad for the future of the team.

It is a weird year for me, I can not bring myself to cheer for them to lose, but I feel strangely ok with each loss.

DD

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

That's how I feel as well.

10. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

I'm not complaining that we're tanking. Just upset that we're playing vets and leaving our rookies on the pine or in texico.

11. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

With the way the schedule is, I doubt it'll be a great year for alot of teams. If things keep up we might have to fight alotta other teams for a great pick. In a dream situation we'd get a high draft pick (top 5), Knicks miss the playoffs (just barely snagging a pick out of the top 5), and we flip Martin or Scola to a lottery team for a high lotto pick (least probable with the draft being the deepest in recent history).

Would be terrible to sit through but at least if we keep developing players and the new coaching system we'll have a great shot at being relevant sooner.

12. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I'm totally fine with it. This is what I asked for. I like how they are staying competitive, for the most part, until the end of the game. If they can keep it up, this might be the most entertaining tank job ever.

13. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

The Lowry situation has become a blessing. Now we have that much better a chance to tank. The upside? Lowry stays healthy! (hopefully mentally as well and not just physically)

Lighten up guys. Remember that:

-This a shortened season
    -The draft is deep
    -Sooner or later we need to rebuild and start completely from scratch. This is the most ideal time to do so.

14. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Eveyone that is Pro tanking is pretty happy bruh bruh.

15. The Situation

The Situation Member

I was one of those people that didn't want to tank but after Stern vetoed the trade and after seeing the Lakers, Clippers, and Thunder beat our ass all week, I wouldn't have a problem if we do keep losing.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Our biggest accomplishent left is to make playoffs or trade Martin,bud,... for a first round pick.

17. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pay attention to the environment that you're in. Do we really have enough talent to beat OKC, MIA or LAL? No. If I told you over the next 2 drafts you could potentially bring in Andre Drummond, Perry Jones (2012) and Shabazz Muhammed (2013), that wouldn't sway you to consider tanking? I'd give it some consideration. It helped the Spurs.
    [​IMG]

18. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

The Rockets haven't lost a game they should have won. They'll win enough games to piss off tankers, which is great.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

We'll get another 10-16 pick and double down on the players we can't trade, which is great.

5th year and counting, which is great.

20. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Watching the Thunder should be all the convincing More needs for Les to see the power of good draft positioning (especially in such a good draft)