1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

for those of US who smoke....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by heypartner, Sep 3, 2000.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm smoking a cig right now...

habit or not...keep them in the freezer for for pleasure like me, or a pack a day, cigars for special occassions...Give me your vice pleasures.....

Here's mine:

Tobacco has digestive properties that make a smoke a glorious after-meal pleasure. Savoring...is the best word to describe it for me. Oh yeah... Oh...I love a smoke when I can really feel and taste that Tobacco by keeping it a treat! I don't care if non-smokers don't understand. Smokers actually love it.

<font size="1">
    Oh...and SpaceCity...what does littering have to do with pollution. I just disposed of my cig properly in a plastic trash liner that will soon be heading to the landfill. Does that make by plastic liner and cig a non-pollutant. Let me fix the pollution problem with sweeping all the non-degradeables into the landfill....oooo...that makes me feel better about the planet. What a silly argument. Just say you hate littering. Don't equate it to polluting mother Earth.

2. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

First let me state that I hate the fact that I love cigarettes so much. Generally, I 'm not a heavy smoker by any means BUT...there is nothing I love more than a good smoke after a good meal. Its like my after-dinner mint.

I usually smoke 5-8 cigs a day unless I'm drinking. If I'm drinking, then it is ALL out the window: a pack a night easy. I know its horrible but a beer without a cigarette is a lot like having sex by yourself.

Of course, if you don't smoke, then you have no idea what I'm talking about. And good for you, btw.

------------------
    I need a new signature.

3. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Since I work in a place where I cannot leave the room, and smoking is not allowed in the room, I keep a can of Skoal Long-Cut handy. Like Walt Garrison said, "Just a pinch between my cheek and gum and I get full tobacco flavor. And since I don't light up, my hands are free to post at CC.Net all day."

Or something like that.....

------------------
    Save our children from the TAAS test:
    TAAS test report card
    TAAS test fact sheet

Dog lover here....cats beware.

4. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I have about 10 pints of Haagen Dasz in my freezer. When you pass the frozen foods aisle in the grocery store, don't even look twice at the Vanilla Swiss Almond. Just whistle or hum or keep repeating the Lord's Prayer. If you can't trust yourself, take a friend with you. Don't end up like me.

5. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have this horrible habit of reading all of heypartner's stupid posts. Even worse is that I sometimes laugh at them. A really bad day is when I post a response.

Please help.

------------------
    Talking to a dead hare about art

6. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I have a problem obsessing over posts I cannot control. So, please STOP POSTING THEM!!!

------------------
    Save Our Rockets and Comets
    SaveOurRockets.com

7. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I'm beginning to develop a thing for buffalo wings. BW3's has some AWESOME hot mustartd wings...mmmmmmmmm!

[​IMG]

Don't worry rimmy, you aren't the only one that reads HeyPee's bad posts and replies. Maybe we should start a support group.

[​IMG]

------------------
    I am the founding member of the Butt-Nekkid Party! White House here we come!

8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

A support group? Sounds good!

Ummm... ooops

------------------

9. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I used to be a "social" smoker. Only on weekends or when I drink. Now, I am almost a pack a day. I also hate the fact that I love smoking.

------------------
    "The road to hell is paved with Republicans." :)

10. fatty fat fat

fatty fat fat Member

I love the fact that my smoking ticks people off. [​IMG] And as far as littering, People have no idea. I didn't want to post this on the other one, but I love to litter! I mean, I'll not only throw my butts out, but everything else, as well. I make sure to bring at least ten loose leaf pieces of paper to toss whenever I'm driving. I love the sound a beer bottle has when it shatters on the pavement, especially the freeway. But most of all, Ilove taking my weekly trash bag, emptying it in the back of my pick-up, and watching it casually fall out of the bed while I'm traveling on Loop 610. Oh, what a glorious sight. Littering! It's fantastic! [​IMG]

------------------
    How about the Houston Comets and their quest to become "Quadrepeatchicks!"

11. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Vice Pleasures? There are so many, I could run out of room, but I will try to be succinct, in no particular order:

Alcohol
    Mind-altering substances (yep, Chamomile tea)
    Tobacco
    Women (if you only knew the women I hang with)
    Bar BQ
    Cajun Food
    Houston Professional Sports Teams
    UT Football
    A Hot-towel shave at the barber shop

I could keep going forever, but then I wouldn't be able to check my stocks(not that I really want to today!) [​IMG]

------------------
    Bring It!!

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Rocketman --

What do you think about the Clinton administration's attack on smoking and tobacco companies?? Just curious..

by the way...you're right..cajun food is unreal!!!

------------------

13. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Max...don't really think too much about Clinton's attack on terbacky. I think tobacco is a bad thing, and it is definitely harmful to one's health. But it tastes sooo good with alcohol! [​IMG] I would quit if I found a way to do so successfully. Everything I've tried in the past has not worked for me. However, I do not believe that the government should restrict the right of adults to smoke if they want to.

It's funny that you should bring that up. I'm travelling to LA next week, and a few of my friends from when I lived there want to see me. Trouble is, they've banned smoking in bars in California, and we are having a hell of a time trying to find a bar with an outdoor area so we can smoke (most of the friends who want to see me smoke as well).

------------------
    Bring It!!

14. SpaceCity

SpaceCity Contributing Member

heyp,
    When did i become the spokesman for not littering?! All I was trying to do was show people that cigarette butts are the least of the world's pollutions problems.

I did love your comment on the landfill. That's pretty classic, and true!

I'm only a casual litterer. I pick and choose my litter. I don't have it as bad as Fatty, but maybe one day I too can be a full-on litter-bug.

------------------
    RocketFuel is dead!