1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For Sale: Violins and Bows

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by flyguy2000, Mar 24, 2010.

1. flyguy2000

flyguy2000 Member

I used to play the violin up until last year of college. Looking to sell my old instruments. I have just gotten them back from Amati Violin Shop and the violins are set up nicely, and the bows re-haired and in perfect playing condition. Please email me for pictures flyguyco@hotmail.com

Thanks!

2. ICanDunkOnYao

ICanDunkOnYao Member

May be interested. Pics?

3. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

4. flyguy2000

flyguy2000 Member

Here is the list of my violins/bows:

1.) Neuner & Hornsteiner violin circa 1900, Jacobus Stainer copie - price $3,500 OBO
    2.) French Mirecourt violin by Louis Bichot 2003 - price $900 OBO
    3.) German Peccatte style bow circa 1910, silver mounted, 57 grams - $1,000 OBO
    4.) German bow stamped Tourte, silver mounted, 64 grams - price $600 OBO

I'm just trying to get what I paid back, as I've been told by Amati that my instruments are worth more now since they have appreciated in value through the years.

Please email me, flyguyco@hotmail.com for pics as I don't know how to post them on here. If someone can show tell me how, then I will do so. I believe I need to have something like photobucket?

Thanks!

5. ICanDunkOnYao

ICanDunkOnYao Member

Those are quite expensive. A bow for 1,000? Wow....

6. flyguy2000

flyguy2000 Member

Many of the students at the Butler School of Music had violins $10K+ and bows $5K+ so I actually felt like a brokeass among them! LOL

7. alex09xu

alex09xu Member

how much for 2 strands of horse hair from the bow?

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I have a horse. You can pluck him all you need for 5 bucks.

9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Would you be willing to donate them?

10. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

if you were serious enough about violin to go to the music school, why would you want to get rid of your instruments?

i'm just curious because i played violin for 14 years, did the whole middle school and high school orchestra thing along with all-region, all-state, and various houston area orchestras as well (houston youth symphony, virtuosi of houston, houston young artist's concert, etc.), have since stopped playing, and i would still never get rid of my violin.

by the way, my older sister played violin and was in the butler school of music. you might know her.

11. flyguy2000

flyguy2000 Member

I'm saving the violin and bow that my father bought me a long time ago for sentimental reasons.

The rest I am selling due to economic circumstances.

Which year did your sister graduate? Did she study with Vincent Frittelli as well?