1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For all you Matt Stevens Haters....here's some good news!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=insidedishhensonwouldrat&prov=tsn&type=lgns

Don't be surprised if S Marlon McCree, who was claimed on waivers by the Texans last week, finds his way into Houston's starting lineup quickly. McCree, who also was claimed by the Panthers, Saints and Steelers after being let go by the Jaguars, is picking up the Texans' defense rapidly. With S Matt Stevens not playing well, McCree could be an instant upgrade.

2. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Matt Stevens not playing well? That's the nicest thing I've heard anyone say about him!

And McCree COULD be an instant upgrade? That's like saying Mike Tyson COULD be black, George W Bush COULD be president, ...

Pardon me, I was just happy to see that McCree will be in soon.

Carry on.

3. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Maybe all the tattoos on his arms has numbed the feeling and thats why he can't freakin make an open field tackle.....yeah thats it....

The Chiefs game would have been a lot closer if we had a free safety who wasn't a total wussy. How many touchdowns were socred when the offensive guy just ran right through Stevens???

What the Texans need is a Ronnie Lott at safety.....

4. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

My question is this - Is there any this like Matt Stevens' lovers?

Saying " Matt Stevens haters........" is something like an oxymoron.

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

huh?! :confused:

6. famicom

famicom Member

Hot Damn!! Our defense just got better already!! ]

7. Yao Wink

Yao Wink Member

I am not so sure that McCree has learned the system in two weeks. (What everybody is saying right now - "He can't be any worse than Stevens".)

At least the Texans are playing a sorry Jacksonville passing attack. JJ Stokes, Hatchette and now Troy Edwards. Two former first round draft picks and a guy who never has caught more than 16 balls in a season.

Hopefully McCree can make the TD saving tackles that Stevens has not been able to do.

8. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Too bad there's only one.

9. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

McCree is playing against his old team on Sunday. Not only does he know the team well (the personnel and defensive schemes), but he also has revenge for motivation. I can see why the Texans would want him to learn the defense as quickly as possible.

(Not that there's anything to it, but I remember last year before the big Cowboys game, we picked up a slew of Cowboys castoffs... and went on to win the game. A little spying and inside information can go a long way.)

As for Matt Stevens, well... there's only one play he needs to learn: how to operate the cash register at Burger King.

10. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I'm not so sure he can handle that job.

Maybe he could become a sanitation engineer..;)

11. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Anyone, and I mean anyone is better that that hack Stevens...

12. kmbwa

kmbwa Member

You guys are too hard on Stevens. Someone just needs to tell him that it's tackle and not Two-Below. :D

Good luck McCree..we're all counting on you.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Matt Stevens is great. Stop the hate! :mad:

14. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

This belongs in the "Matt Stevens is a Bum" thread. :D