1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For a good time, "Nurse Betty" delivers......

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Gascon, Sep 12, 2000.

1. Gascon

Gascon Member

I found Zelwiger(spelling?) to be fantastic as the obbsessed, emotionally disturbed fan of one of televisions most popular soap operas. Morgan Freeman turns in another fine performance as the assassin trying to find Betty, a different kind of role for him. He succeeds in making an otherwise dispicable character somewhat endearing. Chris Rock is miscast as Freeman's son, and succeeds about half the time in providing a good laugh.
    The majority of the laughs come from Kinnear's character, a soap opera star who's recurring role has become a little stale. Although I found some of the "soap acting" a little too good having seen bits and pieces of some of the tripe the film is lampooning, Kinnear succeeds in capturing the spirit of the genre and once again steals any scene he's involved in. I have been consistantly impressed with his ability in front of the camera.
    The film, overall, is fun and worth the price of admission (if anything is) if you're in the mood for a good time.

------------------
    Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead.

No, wait, not me...you.

2. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

this film looked funny from the trailor.

Kinnear has had some good roles, but I don't think he could carry a movie by himself. I hope he doesn't try.

Chris Rock, like the Wayan Bros, just try to hard most of the time. Being loud and obnoxious isn't necessarily funny.

------------------
    I am so exasperated that I could expectorate.

3. outlaw

outlaw Member

Rock was hilarious and rather mellow in "Dogma".

4. Gascon

Gascon Member

Rock has his moments....however, they come too few and far between in "Nurse Betty".

I felt he was miscast.

------------------

No, wait, not me...you.

5. Gascon

Gascon Member

200, baby!

Just thought I'd announce.

------------------

No, wait, not me...you.

6. nutcake

nutcake Member

Nurse Betty is a good chick flick.

------------------

7. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Good date movie??

------------------
    Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures.

Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and b****-slap the motherfuc@er upside the head!

8. Gascon

Gascon Member

Pretty good date movie, pimp.

------------------

No, wait, not me...you.