1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FOOTBALL/SOCCER/fútbol/футбол] FIFA Confederations Cup Russia 2017

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by SwoLy-D, Jun 19, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Except for the ever hungry Christiano! Last checked the best breh.

ipaman likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I guess the sponsors would still want the Federations Cup to go on for years.

So I suggest: 4 or 8 teams favorably 4 of the Top 10 teams in the World.

KO Round from the start ......No more Australia, Whoever is in Top 15 of the current FIFA ranking should be in.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Oh please, trying to lecture me. Raz is the attacking, agitator, who needs to calm down. No reason at all for his first reply in @SwoLy-D's thread. Like I said before, cf.net quality is going down(all time low) and it turns more and more toxic everyday. It's definitely not a "community" anymore.

First reply was a joke which proves my point again and confirms, probably half of the posts here are shitposts now.

Also, of course (for Germany) u21's euros are more important than confeds for Germany. No one stated otherwise including swoly. In fact no one brought up the u21s because this isn't a thread about the u21s. Point is, they are completely unrelated and shouldn't be compared. I will remind you in a year when none of the u21's make it to the WC roster next year how stupid it was to try and connect both squads and tournaments.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think peeps tend to act more like smart asses and acting as if they knew more than other guys and show off.

We need more humility in these times.

ferrari77 likes this.
  5. ipaman

This is probably the last version of confeds because of the cluster fack that is qatar. there is no way to hold this one year before qatar wc during winter. that would disrupts two winters of football instead of one. again qatar and the bribary continues to ruin world football.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

7. Raz

Raz Member

Funny reply from someone who never shows up in the football discussion. If one harmless joke, that acuallty makes fun of the things you yourself are complaining about, is toxic to you, I recommend you to leave the whole internet or join a SJW group.

You're definitely raising the number right now.

We talked about standing of the Confed Cup and if one of the greatest football nations in the world views this tournament as useless and less important than a Youth tourney, even pushes to repeal the Cup, that says something about its relevance. So there's the relation.

Yung-T likes this.
  8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

What's "the football discussion"? I'm not aware there was only one. :confused:

If I don't comment in that thread, I can't have a reply here about other football? o_O

[​IMG]

LOLs. :D

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. Raz

Raz Member

Over 95% of the football discussion happens in the other thread - Confed Cup started over there as well btw - and it's a little weird to vocally complain about the quality of the posts, if you're not participating at all.

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Osorio acting like a little baby, screaming at the NZL coach. Ball in the box 1v1 on the keeper. No one in their right mind kicks that ball out. Play to the whistle. Ref probably should've stopped it but the player is under no obligation to give up that opportunity.

He should've buried it.

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

They've already said the next one will remain in the summer but in a different location...a yet to be determined AFC nation.

12. SwoLy-D

Today's game has made me hate V.A.R. even more. How dare they stop the game to check on YELLOW/caution or RED/send-off decisions? Crappy. NZ's #5 directly puts his cleats on Herrera, and all he gets is a caution? Marco Fabian comes in swinging, and he gets nothing? It went WRONG both ways. WOW. Horrible.:oops:

There are no written rules out there for us as fans or spectators to see what or how or when they are deciding to use this "technology."

Today's refs might make mistakes, as HUMANS, but can't even get it right AFTER using the video replay? PATHETIC! :mad:

He's only talking about these posts and the BBS overall. Maybe we're not interested in "Euro football", even if it is the best in the world. So what, if I don't want to participate there? You're going to say that he can't comment because he's not in that one? Baloney, man. :p

13. ipaman

VAR is a total failure not because of the technology but because FIFA facks everything up. 2 Kiwis should have been given reds and Fabian also red for joining and retaliating.

14. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Interesting point I hadn't considered. Definitely true, I don't see how they can hold Confeds in 2021 and then WC in 2022.

It's not that bad. Still stuff to work out with it before next summer. It was alright in the U20 WC (some errors were made but for the most part majority of the VAR decisions were correct). That's why they'll try it out this summer and hopefully it will be worked out before next summer....or you'll be right on about FIFA facking up.

15. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Good test right now for this German B( or is it just B-ish?) team. Chile are giving them a nice battle.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is the B team but this is what swimming Defense looks like.

[​IMG]

Yung-T likes this.
  17. SwoLy-D

Uhhh... so... some errors were made...just like with REGULAR referees? ;)

Sideline reporter for the Germany v Chile game, with the Russian or East European accent sounds like Borat.
    "Alexis born in poor family. He find soccer and can afford."
    I keep wanting for her to say "HIGH FIVE." or "SWEET SUCCESS." :D

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Unfortunately a Chile with their best roster vs our leftover squad. Would be a great game if both a-teams played against each other.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Finally a good team after Ivan the Turrible Zamorano and Marcelo Salas!

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Germany with the 6'3 and 6'4 guys..... Chile with pitbulls

[​IMG]