1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Food TV 24/7

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by A-Train, Aug 2, 2000.

1. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

OK, I think it's time to come clean...

My name is A-Train, and I'm a Food TV junkie...

I just can't help it! When we first got Food TV on the cable package, I used to zoom past it while channel surfing, paying only slight attention. It has DEFINITELY caught a hold on me now, and I must say I'm hooked. Food TV is like heroine...you KNOW you need to stop, but you just can't stop watching. My personal favorite shows on Food TV:

Iron Chef: At first I laughed this show off as some cheesy japanese import, but it quickly has become my favorite...The American voice overs is what makes this show so great...

Good Eats: A cooking show with a sense of humor...Only Alton Brown could do a 30 minute show on how to make biscuits

Grillin' and Chillin': City Boy vs. Country Boy...It's too bad that this show doesn't come on year round, because Jack McDavid is hilarious when he's arguing with Bobby Flay about charcoal vs. gas grilling

Molto Mario: Mario Batali can ramble on a bit sometimes, but being from Italian heritage, I'll always have room for good Italian cuisine

If you like Food TV, then sound off...If you've never seen Food TV before, then whaddya waiting for??

A-Train

------------------
    If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding!!

2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Which show is the one where the guy goes "Bam" evertime he puts some spices on the food? [​IMG]
    Thats the only one I have watched

------------------
    "Your not a real member of CC.net unless you have 1000 posts"

3. insideout

insideout Contributing Member

i recently started to watch iron chef too. haha.. it's soooo dramatic.. haha.. i like it.

------------------
    i need a vacation

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Iron Chef is da bomb. Emeril, and his bam!, is getting old, but still bareable. Bobby Flay is kinda strange, but ok.
    ------------------
    Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women!

[This message has been edited by JayZ750 (edited August 02, 2000).]

5. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I think it's time to join a self-help group guys. Maybe ya'll can put a Food Fight Club spin on it.

[​IMG]

------------------
    "I've been licking this carpet for hours and I still don't feel like a lesbian!"

6. SpaceCity

SpaceCity Contributing Member

Iron Chef rules! All that is missing is for the 2 chefs to whip out swords and do battle.

------------------
    RocketFuel is taking the summer off!

7. dinomonster

dinomonster Contributing Member

Ok, I admit. I like to watch TV food network too. Iron Chef is awsome the way they do battle, and the voices to a pretty good acting job... Maybe too good. Good Eats is pretty cool to watch too.

------------------

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Fun Police says the Food Network is pretty cool, but Iron Chef is kind of sucky. That Emeril cooks up some good stuff though.

------------------
    Fun Police Says:

1. Posting in appropriate forums Sucks!
    2. Grammar and sentence structure are not FUN!
    3. Duplicate threads are really FUN!
    4. Conduct yourself in a FUN way!

The Fun Police are Watching.
    Eat MANGOES & Have FUN or be Assimilated.