1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Connor McGregor August 26th

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by CallMeTheDream, Jun 15, 2017.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

2. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

So Mcgregor did knock him down.

I felt Paulie was being overly defensive and it shows he was full of crap.

Going to be a better fight than we all thought.

4. VanityHalfBlack

Guess Conor can beat Floyd now since he sparred with Paulie. Watch out, Mayweather!!

Bandwagoner and MadMax like this.
  5. KingCheetah

Well, Connor looks much better than I thought he would.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Eh, accomplished world champs looked like complete amateurs when fighting Floyd. This will still be brutal.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Paulie must be extremely stupid, did he think there was no video or that they wouldn't publish it? Looks like an idiot now with all the bs he talked.

8. tmacfor35

I think it will be interesting.

Conor doesn't seem like the type who will respect Floyds punching power.

He's going to be in attack mode early on.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

A boxer that was there said that often when you are sparring you feel like you did better than you actually did until you look at the tape. My guess is that is what happened...or that this is so edited that it makes Conor look a lot better than what he shows here.

He's now saying that Conor won the last 2 rounds but he won the rest of the rounds that they won't show.

Yung-T likes this.
  10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That's basically the gameplan everyone had for Floyd, all of them got schooled. And these guys were true champs who boxed all their life.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

He seems to be backpedaling like crazy every time Conor's camp releases new info.
    Watched his original comments where he acted like McGregor couldn't touch him and was only shoving him in the infamous pic, now suddenly McGregor won some rounds.

12. tmacfor35

2 years older.

He's also never fought a guy like Connor.

Floyd wins sure, but I don't think it will be a route.

If they drop down to 8oz gloves there is true potential for a knockout blow through guard.

MMA fighters punch differently than Boxers. There is going to be some unorthodox punches thrown this fight.

13. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I lie conor and think he actually does have some boxing skills prob could have been a contender, don't know about champ had he stuck to strictly boxing.

Clearly he made the right live going mma because would would have never made this type of money otherwise.

But mma guys don't punch as hard as boxers. That's been documented by top flight mma fighters who say as much.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Mayweather has SOOO much more on the line in this one than McGregor does.

Not only is Mayweather fighting for his legacy, he's fighting for the legitimacy of boxing as a whole. If Conor McGregor can roll in with no boxing skills whatsoever and even hang with Mayweather and manage to land impressive blows on a guy who is largely considered one of the greatest defensive boxers in history, then boxing isn't a real sport. End of discussion.

Personally I'm expecting a boring fight where Conor won't be able to hit Mayweather....I mean he couldn't even out-box Nate Diaz, if leg kicks weren't allowed, DIaz would have put his ass down again in the rematch. That said, if someone can just waltz into "the sweet science" at it's highest level and hang despite having basically no boxing skill....yeah boxing would be done. It would be similar to what real life scenarios does to Aikido in that it would be embarrassing and it would prove that the whole thing is a fraud.

If that's not enough to get Floyd worked up, then nothing short of him pretending he's beating up a woman would do.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

8oz gloves approved.

16. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

as much as i'd love for Connor to win, and there is always a punchers chance, the short clip of him fighting looks sloppy. Can't help but feel Mayweather will pick him apart unless Floyd just completely hit the wall in retirement.

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Any idea how much both camps paid Paulie for that? :) It's really hard to believe any of this...or take it very seriously.

18. KingCheetah

There is really no difference between the punching power of boxing vs. MMA gloves, but there is a big difference with bare knuckles.

el gnomo likes this.
  19. James Hardashian

James Hardashian Contributing Member

I wouldn't doubt that this is a fixed fight.

20. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Pretty sick commercial...