1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Floyd Mayweather 90 Days in Pokey for Beating Up Baby Mama

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by LAFIRMA22, Dec 21, 2011.

1. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

http://www.tmz.com/2011/12/21/floyd-mayweather-domestic-violence-battery-plea-deal/

Floyd Mayweather Jr. got hammered by a judge, who just sentenced him to serve 90 days in jail for beating up his baby mama in front of their kids.

Floyd was sentenced to 6 months in jail, but 3 months of that sentence was suspended. He also gets 3 days credit for time he has already served.

TMZ broke the story ... the boxer was arrested in September 2010 -- after his ex-girlfriend accused him of striking her "multiple times in the head with his fist" and then threatening to kill her.

Floyd struck a plea deal with prosecutors in the case -- in which he pled guilty to misdemeanor domestic violence ... in exchange for getting a pass on the felony battery charge.

Floyd also pled no contest to two misdemeanor harassment charges -- after allegedly threatening to beat his kids too during the incident.

The judge was especially pissed that Mayweather struck his baby mama in front of their kids.

The judge also ordered Mayweather to complete 100 hours of community service and a 12-month domestic violence program. He was fined $2,500 ... which to Floyd is like a poker hand.

The boxer must turn himself in on January 6, to begin serving his sentence.

2. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

Justice is served

3. Dei

Dei Member

Oh wow. Wow. We're never gonna see the megafight, are we guys?

4. Victorious

Victorious Member

Well there goes that May 5 dream fight. Sounded like it was truly going to happen this time too.

5. Ron95

Ron95 Member

That's another reason for him not to fight Pacquiao.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

yep and that's why he pled guilty. he wants no part of manny.

7. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6JBXCT6en38?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6JBXCT6en38?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Worthless tool. If you're a worldclass fighter you don't go around beating up people for the wrong reasons.

9. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

Cinco de Mayo fight against a Filipino boxer? Nah.

10. Nook

Nook Member

What the hell does that have to being a worldclass fighter? A number of great boxers have committed violence outside of the ring...

I am not condoning what he did, in fact he deserves to go to jail... but it has nothing to do with him being a worldclass fighter.

11. marky :)

marky :) Member

I guess he'll find any means necessary to not fight pacman

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

lol. arrested again..

no class..

13. coolweather

because he's a no-class fighter.

14. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

Better protect yourself at all times.

15. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Idiot beat up his wife in front of his children? What a p***y.

Meanwhile, Pac-Man is successfully doing humanitarian work in the Phillipines.

1 person likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

Yes like campaigning hard for legislation to ban the sell of condoms in the Phillipines... GREAT IDEA!

17. coolweather

18. Nook

Nook Member

I don't doubt PAC MAN is a better human being. However I do believe his position on condom use in his home country is VERY dangerous.

In fact PAC MAN has fought higher quality competition, and until 6 months ago was certain he would win in a match up. With PAC MAN's other duties and recent fight I am not as certain.

Regardless my point is the fact that Mayweather hit a woman does not make him less of a great boxer, just less of a man. Many great boxers were terrible people.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

I agree Mayweather has amazing skill, however his style IMHO is what killed boxing. People came to see boxers bashing each other's brains out, or precise outboxing mixed with deadly counters. He all defense-no offense style wins all the time on points, but it sure is boring as ****.

I'd rather watch Brock Lesnar and Overeem square off.

20. Dei

Dei Member

Myth. He fought Mayweather's left-overs and beaten fighters. Mayweather just fought less but his opponents were high caliber.