1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Florida State QB Jameis Winston as a baseball player

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by SkyrimOwnsAll, Dec 19, 2013.

1. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

2. smr6

smr6 Member

Lol he singles and then steals every base including home plate.

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Advance on wild pitch isn't a steal, I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. :eek:

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Is that the astros Carlos Correa?

5. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

YES

Carlos and Jamies are the same age

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Carlos is actually 25 now.

7. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I actually got to watch quite a bit of Jameis Winston this past college baseball season because FSU played several games on ESPNU, and I think he could make it as a pitcher.

He has a projectable body, he's got a plus fastball that sits in the low-90s with the ability to touch mid-90s and his curveball is a plus secondary pitch.

He says he wants to be better than Bo Jackson at playing both sports and he has committed to playing both sports for now, so it will be interesting to see where his career heads from here.

8. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Did I miss something?

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Cool video. Didn't know he was quite that fast. He looks much heavier now.

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

No.

Just a little gag about Latin ball players, assuming we're calling Puerto Ricans Latinos.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Since he's a QB and future #1 pick in the NFL draft, he should give up pitching completely. Too risky. If he was a position player who didn't put his body (arm) at risk, he could pursue baseball to his heart's content.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

If we're talking about "risk", he should then give up football completely.

If he's a half-decent pitcher, he'll make far more money in baseball doing that, than he could/would in football (mainly because his baseball salary would be 100% guaranteed money).

13. Major

Major Member

Except to earn all that money in baseball, you have to be successful in the minor leagues and then make it through at least 3-4 years in the MLBs before you're arbitration eligible. You're likely talking 6-8 years before any kind of payday, with a high failure rate for even the top picks (which he isn't, I don't believe).

In the NFL, he's guaranteed $20MM+ before he even steps on the field thanks to his projection as a top pick. From a financial risk perspective, the NFL is the better route, especially given his respective skill set in each sport. From a health perspective, that's a different story.

14. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

bump, i read that correa and winston played on several elite allstar teams together

i was gonna make a seperate thread on this, crazy how winston was just as highly regarded as correa( knowing what we know now about the kid)... winston probably could have been another bo jackson if he wasnt so stupid rare talent

number 1 pick in football, number 1 pick in baseball.. in the same lineup right in front of each other in the batting lineup