1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Florida Night Club Shooting - at least 20 dead - impact on US elections?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Jun 12, 2016.

?

Will this shooting help Trump or Clinton, if it turns out that it was religiously motivated terror?

1. It will help Trump

51.0%
  2. It will help Clinton

7.3%
  3. It will help neither of them

41.7%
  1. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

But Islam kills more homosexuals than every other "hate" group or religion combined...

This is the largest mass shooting in US history.

It was easy for you to support core Islamic principles when they had nothing to do with you, but now that they've targeted your own people - the LBGT community - do you still feel most moderates do not have similar thoughts? That they have the willpower to ignore this aspect of Islam the entire Islamic world forces upon it's people (intolerance of alternative lifestyles, biological duty to reproduce etc).

The facade is slowly being peeled back. Islam has a problem with a lot more than homosexuality, and by allowing it to permeate the civilized world, we see the fallback.

Open your eyes plebs -- this is just the beginning. Need to start deporting muslims en masse for every terrorist act that's committed, otherwise they'll happily pretend like it has nothing to do with their religion. We haven't even begun with oppression against women that the majority of muslims believe is perfectly reasonable (not necessarily violent).

2 people like this.
  2. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

how is this completely unrelated, the dude's father literally said watching two men kiss triggered him. :confused:

have fun with saying all 50+ deaths were a loss for the Hillary campaign, because you know, all LGBT are a monolithic voting bloc.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not at all, but stripping away people's rights would probably make some feel better about it until the next time it happened. Having very strict gun rights in France didn't stop it from happening....but sure, it'll make a difference here.....because logic.

4. Northside Storm

Trader--I'm bi, get your labels right.

I have always consistently attacked irrational religion, I just don't happen to think bending the Constitution further is a good way to approach it.

but have fun little bear trader with using a strawman version of me to do your skim-milk version of trolling ;)

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The guy was a radicalized muslim, do you REALLY think legislation would prevent his terrorist attack? I mean, go for it if you like but it's kind of hard to take you seriously when you say ridiculous things like that simply because you want to use this incident as an excuse to push an agenda you already were wanting to push.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Before I say anything let me just say RIP to all the victims. It takes a while to start my day when I wake up reading stuff like this.

I don't think either side is wrong---and honestly at the end of the day I don't think it matters 50 people are dead regardless. Did his religion play a role? Yup probably, it usually does and the simplest explanation is often the answer. Did he have specific hate towards homosexuals? Yup, targeting a gay club and doing something like this which requires pre-meditation falls in line with it as well.

7. Northside Storm

No, I think he's an idiot marked for death.

But what he did does shine a light on a group that is attacked, over and over again, for being who they are. ATW mentions deterrence: I'm glad there's a measured, intelligent way to do so that balances Constitutional rights.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So you admit that you are just using this as an excuse to push an agenda that has nothing at all to do with what happened here and wouldn't prevent in any way this from happening again, at least that's progress.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Murder is already illegal, you know. So it does not quite appear that another law would have stopped this guy.

10. Northside Storm

How does protection of LGBT not have anything to do with a crime with an explicitly homophobic nature? :confused:

And if you think it's irrelevant, why are you even bothering to talk about it? I didn't say anything about your 50+ votes lost for Hillary because that is hella irrelevant. You could do the same if you want.

No, reducing homophobia will never prevent a homophobic attack. :rolleyes:

11. Northside Storm

Well, you never know, bulldoze his dad's house and we'll see how far deterrence goes.

Not about this guy either, who I have clearly stated is an idiot marked for death--talking policy of any kind won't stop lone wolves like him effectively. it's about anybody who is triggered by seeing two men kiss. Homophobia is an absolute wrong, and deserves to be called out and legislated against. Period.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

My neighbor Joe's locked his door but that didn't stop someone from breaking into his house, so there's no point locking my door it won't make a difference!

I swear your posts get dumber every day.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's nothing more than yet another terrorist attack from a radicalized Muslim.....but you are trying to make it more than that because of who happened to be targeted this time. The only reason you are doing that is because you have an agenda you want pushed.

If you really think that labeling this terrorist attack a hate crime would reduce "homophobia".....well that's just embarrassingly stupid of you.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Reported.

15. Northside Storm

If you really think labelling this terrorist attack a terrorist attack would reduce terrorist attacks (a popular belief in the Cruz wing and I'm guessing the Trump wing of the Republican party as well), then you're an idiot.

But commending legal protections against LGBT hate crimes and working to their entrenchment has already massively reduced homophobia, as ATW has pointed out. That's what I was saying.

If you have a problem with reducing homophobia (one of the most obvious root causes of this attack), that's fine. We will agree to disagree.

#115 Northside Storm, Jun 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Trader has been allowed to troll forever. Mods don't care.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH, idiot.

If someone keeps breaking into your house and you keep doing the same thing to try and prevent it and it keeps failing....perhaps you need to try something effective rather than just keep replacing the locks. Going the route of prohibition is stupid and it wouldn't be effective, it would just give dumb people the illusion of safety....which I guess is what you are after.

The only way to stop things like this is via added security. Stripping away the rights of citizens for the illusion of safety and security is pretty r****ded.

18. Northside Storm

Neither should they, he's a half-grade poo flinger at best ;)

---

Trader--whenever you feel you want to switch back to Trader mode, don't. I personally enjoy Honey Bear more. Your natural levels of discomfort come out faster. :)

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So, would this attack be any less of a deal if the attack targeted a non gay club in your mind? I mean, it certainly seems that way. The target of an attack does nothing to increase or decrease the horrific nature of the crime to me, but I guess that's where we'll have to agree to disagree. You seem to think targeting a minority group makes a crime worse and I think that's a stupid way of looking at life.

20. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I don't know if the guy was radicalized about religion... it will take more investigation to know.. could be self-hating... could just be insane and living a delusion.