1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fizer for Mobley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Title99, Jul 13, 2000.

Tags:
  1. Title99

Title99 Contributing Member

I don't know all the salary cap, sign and trade rules but how about this deal. We trade Mobley and one of our first round picks for Fizer. I know it doesn't make sense for Mobley to do a sign and trade with Chicago because he could get more $ by just signing with Chicago. Lets just assume we have a signed Mobley, maybe even during the season next year. Would you trade him and one of our 1st round picks for Fizer?

I would do it. Fizer gives us a presense down low, something we really need. Another reason I'd do it is that I don't see both Anderson and Mobley staying here forever. They both want to start, so one of them will eventually have to go. I think we should make that move. Chicago likes that move too because they already have Brand, and could use a scorer at the 2 guard.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

------------------

2. wink3

wink3 Member

I agree, if that deal gets done than the Rocks would have a significantly stronger frontcourt(putting aside all of the speculation of Fizer beng too under-sized). But I want to know what Floyd and Krause are really thinkng. I think that Fizer playng the 3 is a joke or some kind of smokescreen.

------------------
    Casa ole! Fresh today!every DAY!OLE!!!

3. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

Chicago will most likely offer Cat 6-8 mill per year so if he does not take less to come back, he will be gone. A sign and trade makes no sense for Cat.

------------------
    Houston Rockets Forever!!
    In Rudy We Trust

4. driver8

driver8 Contributing Member

I don't think Fizer's going anywhere. If I remember correctly, the Bulls head coach used to coach against Fizer when he was still coahcing in college. He must have seen something in him to draft Fizer despite having Brand at his normal position. Unless the draft was made purely for trade bait (which is unlikely since if that was true, the trade would have been done on draft night), Fizer is a Bull for at least the next 3 years.

------------------

5. driver8

driver8 Contributing Member

Plus, why would they trade him when they could straight up sign Cat without losing Fizer. They've got more cap room than God (God being the Orlando Magic).

------------------

6. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

driver8: Tim Floyd, the Bulls coach, recruited Fizer and coached him before takig the Bulls job. Fizer was never that good until Floyd left. HMMMM?

------------------
    There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count and those who can't.