1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fixing this mess of a roster

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Progs

Progs Member

Pure!!! @tinman @J.R.

J.R. and Caesar like this.
  2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Wait so we can’t assume he would still be hurt here even though he currently is actually hurt and there were worries of that very thing happening before bringing him back?

BUT you are allowed to assume that he WOULD be healthy and helping us. Even though again he IS hurt.

Interesting

3. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Some wing/forward types I think we could scoop at a discount:

Jonathon Simmons - Houston native who's had a bad start to the year. Orlando is a young team with an unbalanced roster, I'm sure they'd listen if we called about a 29 year old wing whose J has been off.

Otto Porter Jr. - Obvious and it's been talked about ad nauseum on this board, but his catch-and-shoot proficiency (prior to this year) and versatility at 6'8"-6'9" would go a long ways in filling the Ariza/LMAM hole.

Thabo Sefolosha - Might be washed up, but was surprisingly integral to Utah's regular season success last year. Might be able to find some juice in the tank for us off the bench, as there are a lot of wing/forward types in front of him in Utah (Ingles, Crowder, O'Neale etc).

DeMarre Carroll - Not sure if he'd be available but BKN has a surplus of wing/forward types (though one less with LeVert out). But he'd be a great LMAM replacement for us.

BaselineFade likes this.
  4. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I hate to jump into this debate, but Luc has been out with a knee issue. It’s not his shoulder anymore. He may have the same knee issue had he stayed in Houston but you guys are talking about two separate issues. If Morey knew of a knee issue at that time, that’s a different story.

rantsolpuella13 and DaDakota like this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ok, fine - but his TALENT is what we need, we did not replace it....and one assumption we can all make is that at some point he WILL be healthy....

DD

6. DaDakota

Ok, I laughed, well played.

DD

7. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i think everyone can agree that this team is woefully lacking on impact players off the bench but if you look at it objectively it really has little to do with ariza or luc. idk who else was out there but guys like mcw, chriss and melo clearly aren't (or weren't) the answers. if knight comes back looking like the knight from 3-4 years ago that helps a helluva lot but we're still super thin in the frontcourt.

8. BigBum

BigBum Member

If you still have Ariza and Luc, you have a better chance to trade for a good player.

4 picks +

9. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Just goes to show when players say they wanna "win", money comes first before winning.

The only team in this league that has their star players actually thinking winning before money is the Warriors. Hence why they keep winning.

And don't give me that bullshit line "I need to be paid 40mil/year to feed my family"

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Only when Steph is on the court, otherwise they are winning and losing.

11. Progs

Progs Member

Would be nice to have Dmo on this squad man. Missed opportunity.

DaDakota likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

DD

13. DaDakota

Not to derail this thread, as that ship has sailed, but him at the backup 5/4 would be great.

DD

Progs likes this.
  14. ch44

ch44 Member

Sounds like he wants to be back in Houston.

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Ch is back sooner than expected and with good news...at least something good is going on.

16. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

You don't understand that the Rockets are the 4th most expensive team in the NBA? By that I mean there are only 3 teams that have more expensive roster. Next year we will owe even more.

17. DaDakota

Honestly, I would take DMo or Tjones as backup 4/5 right now.

DD

18. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

We're entering the realm of total absurdity.

19. DaDakota

What, that Luc would not be healthy? How about the absurdity of breaking up a championship team with chemistry to save a few pennies?

DD

20. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

Hi DD,

Sadly, I don’t think this roster is fixable save for trading EG or Capella or (dare I even say it) Harden. And try a fresh starting three.

My worst fears is that CP3 production declines alongside the Rocket’s championship playoff window. With that contract, we will be re-living Ryan Anderson all over again.

If we were one player away prior to CP3 last season. We are probably three to four players away now.

Specifically - two 3 and D wings One legit backup/ startable PG. One strong bench scorer. Else no amount of D’Antoni magic can make us the turbocharged offense that a DAntoni offense is capable of becoming.

SadSage