1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fixing this mess of a roster

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Luc Mbah a Moute has played in FOUR of the Clippers 19 games. FOUR. He is hurt and out indefinitely. So yeah, the Rockets had a feeling about this.

You can WANT Luc here. But you want a HEALTHY Luc. That is not REALITY. If he was here, he would be sitting with Brandon Knight and Nene on the bench and collecting his T-MLE money while that opportunity cost asset is wasted.

2. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

At this point why the heck not? I’m surprised we haven’t signed him already. Cheap, shoots the 3 better than anyone we currently have coming in off the bench, has length, and not a bad defender. Definitely a better option than MCW. We don’t have to forfeit any assets to sign him. He would help our bench immediately.

Maybe I’m missing something.

joshuaao, PeterKingX and hakeem94 like this.
  3. Newlin

Newlin Member

Hold on everybody. I keep hearing people say that Tillman is cheap. Didn't keep Ariza and Luc. Cheap cheap cheap.

But, is Tilman cheap? Can someone tell me how much Tilman earns from owning the Rockets. I want real figures, in dollars. I have no idea what kind of income the Rockets generates for Tilman. Without that information I can't tell if Tilman is cheap or not. I mean the Rockets are a business. I know there are issues of luxury tax when when we go over the salary cap.

Should we expect Tilman to spend freely if the Rockets are not making him money. I know owners usually cash in when they sell the team. But, he may need the Rockets to at least break even in the meantime.

I think the biggest issue is that Harden and Paul are maxed out, leaving little left to fill out the team. And then we have several players getting paid that contribute nothing.

So, how much does Tilman make from owning the Rockets?

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Part of signing him would be to have him get his shoulder fixed, there was plenty of time over the offseason and we can't ASSUME he would be hurt here just because he is hurt there.

DD

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

My friend was his personal chef. I can ask him, but I think his family stayed in Houston.

6. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Kneejerk thread. Rockets will be fine.

Remember the last time they won a title?

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Hell, if it's that easy, let's sign Brandon Roy and Greg Oden. Just make sure that part of signing them would be to have them get their injuries fixed.

#87 topfive, Nov 26, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    hakeem94 and SpGish20 like this.
  8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

We can't ASSUME he wanted to have the surgery. If a condition to sign here was surgery, maybe he said "no thanks I'll take the money in LAC without the surgery."

Elective surgery is a big deal.

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Honestly didn't understand this post dude.

10. Mathloom

Supporting Member

$60m+ per year profit straight into pocket.

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

We also can't assume that surgery would have resolved the issue with his shoulder.

I loved Regular-Season Luc, but Playoff Luc gave us absolutely nothing, and there's no guarantee that he'll ever return to form. In fact, he still hasn't. So were we really supposed to give that guy a RAISE and pray that he gets better?

Deuce likes this.
  12. Newlin

Newlin Member

Thanks. Where did you get that figure?

13. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Publicly available sources on the internet. I'm sure if you search, a source that you find reliable will show up on the first page of results.

14. htownballa1622

Danuel House come on down...

15. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

From my understanding, Miami needed to do the S&T because they had to get other guys (Bosh, DWade) all signed/traded. How is this any different?

CP3 told the Clippers he was leaving via free agency and wasn't going to opt in for final year.
    CP3 found a taker and was fine going there (Rockets).
    CP3 told the Clippers he wanted to go to the Rockets.
    Leverage is with CP3 and the Rockets not with the Clippers.

You don't trade the entire core of your team for someone who wants to come here and doesn't want to be there.

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

BaselineFade likes this.
  17. AndtheRockets

AndtheRockets Member

lol, who? Lin fans still exist?
    I feel your pain

18. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

if it was that easy why hasn't he or the clippers done that already? if he was hurt when he finished out last season and is hurt now at the start of this following season, how is it more logical to assume he'd magically be healthy simply by having stayed in Houston??

we certainly have bench problems but you should be thanking morey for opting to NOT pay a player who can't stay healthy. and on no planet can you justify playing ariza $15m after resigning cp3 and capela... it simply wasn't an option. period. we can certainly fault morey for signing guys like mcw and melo, though, although i think melo had just as much if not more to do w cp3 pushing for it.

19. MystikArkitect

that’s a bingo.gif

jordnnnn likes this.
  20. Caesar

Caesar Member

Only way to fix this mess is to call up DMO and Von Wafer

DD