1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For Sale Fiterman Sports: Olajuwon, Smith, Maxwell, Cassell Autographs

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by fitermansports, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitermansports

Over NBA All-Star Weekend Hakeem Olajuwon, Kenny Smith, Vernon Maxwell and Sam Cassell will be signing autographs at a private signing event. Please see www.fitermansports.com for details

2. cardpire

cardpire Member

i don't get it...you can't get it signed yourself, and you have to mail it in? what's the fun in that.

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

this douche only post to advertise for his company, damn spammer

he still owes my boy Ricksmith a basketball.....

4. cardpire

cardpire Member

owes him a basketball why? i was actually planning on getting something signed at this event.

are they not legit?

5. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

BAN HAMMER!

6. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

he's legit

not going to name names, but he represents a local celebrity Ricksmith met at a public place, the celebrity promised him an autograph basketball for free and to just hit up his rep who I suppose has his "autograph" exclusivity rights (aka TriStar with big name athletes) and get it from him. That guy is this fitermansports douche who was, by they way, present during the whole conversation and agreed to give him the ball. Ricksmith hit him up about the ball, and even asked what items does he sell because he was interested in possibly buying from him. I suppose fitermansports took offense to it thinking he was asking more free stuff than the basketball itself, saying "I don't have give you this ball, I could make some money out of it" which he was actually asking what he was selling to GIVE HIM more business. Douche....

We saw him at the TriStar show a few weekends ago, had some good stuff at not bad prices, but he just got bad looks from the both of us. Has a hot lady friend that was with him though....

Not telling you not to buy from him, but he won't get any money from us

Hate the fact he's just advertising his overpriced autographs without actually posting any input and being an active member of the board. His 3 posts were this thread, another thread for an Olajuwon Autograph signing from Nov. 2012, and a Living Social/Groupon offer that was posted on the board for an autograph Olajuwon jersey a few years ago.

#6 Dave2000, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  7. cardpire

cardpire Member

i hear you, but he seems to have kept it to rockets-related stuff and in the appropriate section. i've been looking to add a maxwell autograph to an item that i have for years and years, and wouldn't have known about it otherwise, so i'm appreciative that he posted it (even though it sucks that it's a private signing).

8. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

I buy a lot of stuff. I won't be buying from this guy.

9. cardpire

cardpire Member

what's your reason? y'all are making me nervous to have given him my money.

10. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I'm sure he won't screw you over with money involved, but it does suck that you pay X amount of dollars and don't get to meet the person signing your stuff. He was all nice in person while a certain celebrity was there, but when I started emailing him he showed his true colors. When I saw the celebrity again at the 610 FanFest he remembered me (which was shocking) and I told him about what happened, he said he wasn't surprised.

11. cardpire

cardpire Member

thanks. yeah, it's not the "not meeting" part that i care about. i'd just like to actually see the person sign the stuff, and make sure that it gets signed in the spot that i want it.

i don't really have a choice...it's the 1st time i've seen maxwell advertised as a signer since his playing days here.

12. SacTown

SacTown Member

What's this guy's name?

13. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

I'm sorry but this sounds like a scam, like somebody mentioned, Maxwell has never appeared at any autograph signing before and I'm certain somebody would've reported it (Houston chronicle for example).

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Why can't people see it happening? Never heard of "Fitterman" sports.

15. cardpire

cardpire Member

it isn't a scam, and nobody mentioned that maxwell has never appeared at any autograph signing before.

from what i understand, private signings are not uncommon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.