1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First Time Experience From Lower Bowl

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Genesis, Nov 4, 2012.

1. HombreDeHierro

lol man I sit there too. does that make me a douchebag?

2. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

Lol ill post pics when I can.

@Carl- You're right, I don't have the best viewpoint as say directly on the opposite end, but he is still a hard figure to miss.

@Slickster - Lol, I actually had a great time. But I don't think you would want to hear about me losing my voice, what drinks I had, or the 2 girls that were making out... :)

@Dream - Thank you sir. In my head, I just imagined more.

@Bread - Did I say something about being annoyed about them waving their flag? I agree with ya, it is a subjective experience. If you only want to cheer when only one player scores thats your prerogative, that's just not me.

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

The beard was the team store item of the night.

4. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Nevermind. I just watched Lin's #1 hater video and that lady was with the Rowdies.

5. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

It's possible he was wearing a beard and cheering for the rockets, while the people in front of him were cheering for Lin only. Give him the benefit of the doubt.

6. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

That was hilarious. An old white woman waving the Chinese flag, never thought I'd see that if my lifetime lol.

At least she showed some spirit, although a bit of ignorance in thinking that Jeremy Lin is from China. Probably a vestige from the Yao days.

7. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

My son and I were in 102 down in row 10.

I've been to a couple of other home openers and, while the atmosphere was good, I thought it wasn't as good as I've seen it. There were plenty empty seats throughout the lower bowl which, to me, was surprising considering the hype with Harden, Lin and it being a Saturday night. I noticed as well that there were plenty of people actually leaving with 4 minutes or so left in the 4th which sucked. Of course, MANY were there just to root for Lin.

The most electric part of the game was when Harden had the ball with the chance to win at the very end. The place all stood up and went nuts.

#27 mogrod, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  8. halfai3

halfai3 Member

hey, i was also in section 125 row 17 seats 15 16 17. my wife surprised me and my son with those tickets. i loved the view, great atmosphere for opening night.

They guy who said the electricity in there felt like a playoff game, im guessing you have never actually been to a rockets playoff game before, lol.

Dont get me wrong, the crowd was very into it but i have never felt anything so exciting like i felt during the playoff game.:cool:

9. skyline07

skyline07 Member

SO TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

We don't care how stiff the butts r around us, we scream bloody Rockets Red all the time when down in the lower bowl.

Not standing for the flag? no comment.

Go Rockets !

11. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I was at the game, lucky for me I won mine from calling sports talk 790. I was in the lower bowl as well. The crowd was OK but it does tick me off that the lower bowl sidelines seats are half empty even at a sell out. It's because there are alot of people that own season tickets for business development and have them in case they want to take a client to a game. They are not die hard fans and when they do attend they just sit there with their suits and discuss other things. I have a friend kind of like this, he comes with me sometimes but wants to chat about life, friends, movies, etc while I'm screaming at the refs and yelling about each play.

12. MghtyPtrck

MghtyPtrck Member

why nobody ever say anything about mexicans rooting for mexico when playing against usa?

like wtf... you like that country so much go back.

but who cares...

13. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

There was one lady that brought a China flag and was with the Rowdies and as shown on TV! lol but I think most people understand that Lin isn't actually from China since he mainly speaks English in public events. Combine the fact that if he really was from China, he'd probably already be playing for the Chinese National Team.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zR2M8-ozRWI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Nice experience. I'm so envious right now :grin:

15. Young Prophet

Young Prophet Member

i don't stand up as well for the usa national anthem

don't ask me why

but i do feel like everyone who does is a puppet

16. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

On the contrary, my friend.
    Every seat may not have been filled for the entire duration of the game, but at some point there certainly were more people than I can remember seeing since the 22-win-streak-game against Lakers.

[​IMG]

few more pics
    [​IMG]

(wider shot of TC+Screen)
    [​IMG]

Ya boy Harden going Harden the paint
    [​IMG]

....and for bragging rights :)
    [​IMG]

17. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

^^^ All from section 107 btw

18. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

I also don't stand for the anthem nor do I salute armed forces, does this make me a douchebag?:rolleyes:

19. Genesis

I have quite a lengthy opinion on this, but this board isn't the place for that. However I will say I whole heartily appreciate what our armed forces does, and if what lil I can do, is to stand up and cheer for them, it's the least I can do. As for the douchebag comment I stand by my opinion.

20. Genesis

Haha I was row 21 and 22. I defn had to agree, good view for the price. Too bad our group didn't get a tshirt, first time in our openning night tradition. :(