1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First thing we need to do NEXT Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 1, 2006.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This season has been horrible, both on the court and on TV.
    Next season, Les should bring back Calvin Murphy.

Think about it. the 3 remaining Rockets with their jerseys retired were completely disrepected.

1. Hakeem being traded to Toronto ( obviously did no good for anyone, Dream left on a bitter note)
    2. Rudy not getting his job back after cancer recovery (he went to the Lakers, a guy who's been with the Rockets since the beginning leaving all of the sudden)
    3. Calvin, after being proved INNOCENT, we expect him to be back doing what he does best, talking about the Rockets.

Well folks, 3 strikes and you're out. our players this year are dropping like flies. What's next? is Les going to fire Gene Peterson? is he going to kick Matress Mack off the front row?

What next Les?

2. edc

edc Contributing Member

This season is all about Karma.

Hopefully Le$ will watch him some Carson Daly (now that he airs in Houston), and will be making a list, starting with those three items...

3. Nero

Nero Member

Calvin definitely needs to be brought back.

Les owes it to the fans who have had to suffer through this miserable season.

Last time we had a miserable season, at least we had Calvin to keep us smiling.

4. tinman

Supporting Member

Les would have fired Chick Hearn if he owned the Lakers.

5. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I'm with you I hope Calvin is brought back next season, he's gotten a raw deal.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i agree with everyone here it would be really nice to have calvin back. i respect bullard and drexler both, but geez are they boring or what?

i think someone should make a "official bring back calvin murphy thread" and now until next season we can sign it and send the link to the rockets front office.

maybe then they will see how much the "rockets biggest fans" would like to see him back.

7. JamesC

JamesC Member

This site has shown a lot of power and influence in the past, do you think we could do it again?

8. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I just don't get why everyone here is so in love with Calvin Murphy.

The guy has some MAJOR character questions even if he wasn't found guilty of screwing his own kids. For all we know there were some off camera issues between Calvin and others in the organization. Who can say? I know that Les wanted him gone for a long time, there must have been a reason why.

I wonder if we will ever know the full story.

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am concerned more with who plays the games than announces them. I want to see some fresh faces who can play basketball, like shoot and actually make them.

10. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

I like Calvin too, but I don't blame Les for firing him. It's hard to reconcile Calvin's kid-friendly persona with the fact that he's got a dozen illegitimate children. It's not a legal thing. Les just doesn't want Calvin representing the Rockets. A lot of people, myself included, can separate Calvin the questionable father from Calvin the player/broadcaster. But others can't do that and Les has them in mind.

BTW: First thing we need to do is draft a shooting guard. Shooting is, like, important in basketball.

#10 Furious Jam, Feb 1, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2006
  11. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

Definitely bring back Calvin.

I don't care if he did it or not, we don't pay the man to stay clean off the court, we pay him to commentate on the game at hand.

While we're at it, Les should make plans to assassinate the Hiltons, nothing infuriates me more than them sponsoring Rocket games.

12. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

My life goes on without Calvin, but he was a great player and great broadcaster. I don't get all the people who cried when Alan Ashby got canned - I thought he was terrible in the booth and couldn't see how anyone would value him as being more than mediocre.

13. daRox

daRox Member

is not to let john barry speak at the first game...that dude can play ball but his words are cursed.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

well, we love the guy because he's fun and he's been a Rocket for over 20 years.

why do you care about his personal life? for all we know, you can have even worse personal issues. people's private lives are just that, its just bad that it sometimes has to be dragged into the public eye.

hey magic johnson and kobe cheated on their wives. why dont you call for his call for them to be exiled from the world.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

I forgot DR J has illegit kids too. No one in Philly is burning his jersey to a crisp.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

people need to get good seats in a nationally televised game and have a BRING CALVIN BACK sign or something.

For that dude who questions why would we bring back Calvin after he's found innocent, but the fact he's 'questionable' with his character..
    I give you:
    [​IMG]

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

well i do care what he did or didnt do... but if he was found innocent then i would like to see him back.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

man this calvin murphy thing is making me so mad :mad:

would your company fire you if you cheated on your wife or had illegit kids??
    Calvin Murphy is by far the most loyal Rocket,
    he's been with the Rockets since.
    [​IMG]

I hate you Les.

19. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

if it doesn't fit, you must acquit.

20. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Just move on.