1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First take : who is to blame for James Harden unhappiness

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Feb 19, 2019.

1. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

Rockets resolve > sports media

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Kerr has really taught Curry how to play the media

can’t even have a convo with the dude without him exposing it to the world thinking he’s slick by not knowing Bud was mic’d up...now whatever Harden said is getting twisted

clutchdabear and snowconeman22 like this.
  3. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Curry is caught saying that Harden doesn’t want to play that way

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

yeah that Curry sh#t was so staged. Is he really that lame?

But i think we would all be fools to think that Harden is having as much fun playing ball as he did last year. Or that having to put the team on his back isn't a little exhausting. Or that he's okay with the lack of consistent winning. Or that he's fine with the current roster; lack of depth; lack of pre-deadline moves to improve the roster.

All of these things must be getting to Harden just a little bit. I'm sure he's a ways from demanding a trade or looking elsewhere when he becomes a free agent, but i'm sure the thought crossed his mind this year that there's a real possibility he never wins a ring with Houston. And there's no way he thinks CP3 is gonna be his partner in making championship dreams come true the way he thought last year.

I think Morey has to find a way to reinvent this team ...especially if we fall short in the playoffs again. Whereas last year it was easy to say "run it back", i don't think anyone is gonna feel that way after this season. And that's when franchise guys like Harden start questioning the path the org is on. IF we are not winning, sooner or later, Harden will become unhappy. Let's face it, there's not much more HE can do.

Reeko and snowconeman22 like this.
  5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Are they referring to what Harden told Curry privately and was leaked by Curry to coach Bud during the all-star break mic-up?

Starts at 2:25

Wouldn't be surprised if the national media rides this for a couple days.

IDK why Curry is talking about private conversations when he's mic'd up. If this was Harden talking about Curry, I bet the Warriors fanbase would be all over this.

s3ts likes this.
  6. bmd

bmd Member

Agreed. I'm sick and tired of it. It's been noticeably different ever since the unexpected 41-41 season in 2015-16. The GARM got extremely negative and pessimistic during that season, and it hasn't recovered.

Blurr#7 likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

I completely agree man...couldn’t have said it better myself

I hate to say it, but I really do think that if we fall short this year, and next year is just more of the same or even worse with Harden killing himself carrying a bunch of role players/scrubs that he might seriously think of leaving before his prime gets wasted and he ends up ringless

there’s nothing left for him to do other than win a title

8. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Lots of media attention surrounding Harden and the Rockets. This is extremely fascinating. Who’s ever running his PR deserves a raise.

9. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Shouldn’t the media have to PROVE that harden is actually unhappy before headlining and running this?

If I gave false facts at work, I would be disciplined

10. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I just avoid the GARM after losses. You don’t need the panic induced hot takes. In this way Clutchfans remains awesome for me.

11. rockets13champs

Espn making a story to get into hardens head and force a trade to Lakers

12. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Yeah, just dumb. We need to have discussions on how to get better and support our team instead of bashing every second we get. Maybe morey/dantoni/Harden reads some good stuff and put it in the game... make it interactive. Let’s brwak down our plays against what team and see how they react to our sets.... instead of assessing how Harden feels and s$&t. Just something intelligent!

13. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Well, we’re still under the impression that if someone sit behind a desk and editorialize is still news.

napalm06 likes this.
  14. farhen

farhen Member

pretty much blame everyone around him, at this point of his career it's understandable he did that

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Media doing its part planting seeds in Harden's mind.

At some point, Harden will want a ring more than he wants his own team. If he has the will of a champion, he won't piss away his 30's for a contract that anyone would give him, a dead arena, an ugly jersey, a cheapskate owner, a team of his own in a city the media doesn't respect and quite possibly a broken down sidekick destroying the cap. The fans show him so much love and he gets to be himself here, but at what point does he have to look out for himself. At what point would you look out for yourself? If I were Harden, I would give the team till 1 week before 2019 training camp to have a contending roster that is not dependent on deadline trades and buyout signings.

And if Harden leaves, what better way to say "thank you I tried my best" than a 36ppg season with the owner dumping salary and then not adding any significant pieces the following summer. Can't blame the guy, he has championed this city. The bond between him and Rockets fan is real. I really want this dude to retire a Rocket and a champion.

I really hope Morey gets lucky with acquisitions this summer.

s3ts, Rudyc281 and BigShasta like this.
  16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Amen to that.

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Craig Biggio, Jeff Bagwell, Andre Johnson, Calvin Murphy, Allen Leavell, Rudy Tomjonavich, Bruce Matthews fall in a faint.

John Stockton falls in a flop.

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

At this rate, Harden will eventually leave us b/c we have a cheap ass owner.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

A more urgent question: Who is to blame for Eric Gordon's unhappiness?

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

So who is to blame for @sirbaih's unhappiness? ;)

pippendagimp likes this.