1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First take : who is to blame for James Harden unhappiness

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

2. Fantasma Negro

What a network of morons. Utter ****ing morons

D-rock and Stepback3GOOD like this.
  3. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Beard unhappy,,,,Gordon not having fun....
    The Tillman is broke...
    We are doomed!!!!!!

Houstunna and BaselineFade like this.
  4. smokieethabear

Not really a Roller Coaster of a season, that would involve ups and downs. If you really think about it, we start pretty low, we were like what 11 or 12 in the Western Conference at some point? Then we had some injuries but Harden carrying this team through that and we're sitting at the 5 spot which could easily be 4 (maybe even 3) by the end of the season. The GARM needs to R-E-L-A-X!

Maybe I'm being too positive? IDK...

I will admit though, the CP3 contract going to haunt us for yrs (even after it is over).

5. smokieethabear

Please start a thread on this in the NBA dish section and text ESPN Houston 97.5 about this rumor! Post it on your twitters and whatever other social media u got! If everyone does it, it can spread like wildfire.

Bonus: Also say she preformed a Donkey show with Draymond!

6. SemisolidSnake

Kinda wish there was a dedicated and mandatory subfolder for media opinions. There's an unlimited number of them out there, and they could easily fill the entire page here all the time. Let them just have their own separate place that only the bravest or most masochistic dare venture into.

7. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Harden is an amazing player with so much ability and availability.
    He has proven to have the ability to carry a team full of scrubs and street guys to a conference finals. He’s won an MVP and has captured the #1 overall seed in the NBA but with all that said he’s never won a championship.
    Harden is great but let’s not act like he isn’t part of the problem.
    I understand maybe his words were taken out of context but to say that you don’t like playing the way you do and wish you could play in a ball movement type of system is surprising.
    As much as we disliked Kevin McHale I still remeber when he was trying to get Harden to move without the ball. I remember when McHale would run back cuts for Harden and sometimes ran him off screens. Harden likes the 1 on 1 play, his biggest weakness IMO has always been the inability to adjust or find other ways to score besides just shooting 3’s and getting to the line.
    I sometimes find myself yelling at the TV because I know exactly what his next move will be.
    I understand MDA’s philosophy, “don’t discourage a player by telling him to stop shooting when he’s off.” Sometimes is about adjusting and not always about a players feelings. The best coaches win because they understand adjustments and the ability to run an offense that includes ball movement, time outs, back cuts, mid range to long range when you’re off.
    If Harden is unhappy with the system, cool, but have the strength to voice your opinion towards coaching and management who seem to think otherwise. I’m all in for a movement type of offense, I too don’t like watching the 27 missed 3’s. I too hate when the shots don’t go down and we keep shooting it versus trying something different that can matriculate into getting good 3’s.
    Sometimes players just need to play for the inside out such as Chris Paul and Iman and sometime you have great 3 point shooters such as Klay and Curry that can launch them at anytime without any warm up and even they sometimes work themselves out starting from inside when they are off on rare nights.
    Me personally I’ve been tired of this system since the early MDA days. I’m also getting tired of DM signing a bunch of 1 year scrubs that don’t fit our system for cheap in hopes of them evolving into decent 3 point shooters when they never even been mediocre(Ennis & MCW).
    Joe Harris, another player DM had been eyeing but for some reason never pulled the trigger on which I’m not surprised, signed with BK for 2 yrs $1 million a couple years back. He resigned with BK for 2 years $16 million this season because he didn’t get much interest!!!!!
    I know a lot of you guys on here are DM fans but I’m not one and I’m definitely not a Tilman fan but DM has been doing this type of dumb stuff for a while now.
    Elton Brand just signed with the 76ers as their new GM and already built a championship team by trading for Harris and Butler all while also getting
    Jonathon Simmons, Mike Scott, and a few 1 rounds picks! Meanwhile we can’t even get Markeiff to come to Houston nor trade for a player we ACTUALLY need!

vick and BigShasta like this.
  8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

This is a real thing ??

I thought that poster was being funny.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

big facts

10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

From being out of the playoffs within the first 20 games to being 4-5th seed by the all-star break, would most certainly be considered a rollercoaster season for the GARM.

I agree with you, that a little R&R for the GARM could be useful, especially when every other thread is "FIRE our GM, COACH, AND OWNER NOW!!!!" after a loss or negative article/media clip is shared.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I don’t think he’s unhappy

12. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

It’s ridiculous - Harden never said he was unhappy. That’s why you can see both SAS and Max acting uncomfortable when they have to say / allege that Hardens unhappy. They’ll say “well...to the extent that he is unhappy” or “I don’t want to say unhappy”. I mean, what the f*** is this coverage? It’s just untrue. I guess if politicians can spew lies, what more sports “journalists”. Absolutely shameful and disgusting.

D-rock likes this.
  13. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

i knew that steph curry interview with coach bud would bite us in the ass

steph curry and warriors are sneaky mother****ers..

the truth is harden and the rockets can not play like the warriors because they dont have the personel to do so

D-rock likes this.
  14. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

the media has been ****ing with harden all week

how does he take it, and not lash out

BigShasta and BigM like this.
  15. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

Harden is a player in the mold on dwade, kobe, and jordan.. they are ball dominant. Thats his style. would you tell steph curry to abandon running around screens and be an iso scorer.. OF COURSE NOT

16. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

CF needs a "downvote" button with "auto downvote" feature, so I can have it turned on for every thread or posts that cites First Take.

17. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

18. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

You understood nothing of what I actually wrote. I didn’t say that Harden should go away from doing anything he’s good at. What I said was if he’s unhappy about having to play hero ball then maybe he should start learning how to move without the ball instead of always asking for it at the 3 point line and shooting it.

19. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

Their is no proof of Harden saying he is unhappy playing this way. IT COULD ALL BE LIES FOR ALL WE KNOW

the truth is espn wants the streak to stop so they can push a new narrative around the greek freak

20. cebu

cebu Member

EG is contagious.

BigShasta likes this.