1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[First Take] Stephen A. Smith and Jalen Rose have heated debate about Rockets vs. Warriors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Mar 8, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

But but what if Golden State go Super Super Saiyan? - Stephen A.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. likestohypeguy

People always got less mad about that stuff though, or scripted reality shows. Maybe people sought out to stop discussions of those type of shows too.

But people who don't like this stuff, you have to understand that posting your anger about people watching & the show existing, is just as good to them as being a fan, adding to the attention.

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

"I'm brilliant, bc I know I'm not"

-Screamin' A Smith

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Stephen A actually made some points through his shouting.

It’s higjly questionable whether iso ball will work against golden state in the playoffs. They aren’t afraid of the switches.

Jalen said we are a better three point shooting team, but reality is we just shoot more. They make a higher percentage

5. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Jalen with the iPhone notch hairstyle

Comon bruh

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

From what I've seen it's mainly been Screamin A.

The usuals are up there as well in Will Cain and Skip Bayless but they've quieted down to some degree, because (basically) we shut them up.

Screamin A. is going to be just that. There's no stopping that freight train from hell when it gets going. And of course he's going to go in the opposite direction of the consensus so he can be the one that says "TOLD YA SO!" if we don't end up winning a championship this season.

#46 FLASH21, Mar 9, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    D-rock likes this.
  7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

SAS saying Kevin Durant can play the 1 had me.in stitches. Down right hilarious. Sure, down the stretch or in a handful of possessions he can, but there is no back up for Curry. Curry is a pure shooter who lives and dies on illegal screens to get shots or penetrate. Durant can't do that, even as good as Klay is he can't either.

The sheer mental gymnastics SAS had to perform to put down this rockets team was hilarious.

D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Hahaha that was not a heated debate. So misleading thread starter. They did however disagree. Rose actually backed up Max's statement. Good stuff

9. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

As annoying as SAS is, at least they bother to talk about something other than Lebron and Lonzo Ball, unlike that other show.

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Oh this was a different video than this morning, watch the exchange the two had today. If I find a link I'll post.

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. don grahamleone

I like to think of it as we're better at finding ways to get a three up than they are and that threes are very valuable. They seem to look for a three and take a long two when it's not there. We see the long two and go for an even longer three to combat the defenses that face us. We're just more efficient overall.

13. don grahamleone

Tag me when you do.

I feel like our enemy Curry deserves a little respect here. He doesn't seem to be getting nearly as many illegal screen shots off like he did in the past. The NBA seems to be keeping him somewhat honest this year. Am I wrong about this year? (I'm happy to listen to your point of view. I don't watch them enough.)

14. delta69er

delta69er Member

SAS is the master of masking his weaknesses with his strengths.

Lack of basketball knowledge? Talk loudly.

Lack of insight? Talk loudly.

Someone else brings up a better point? Talk loudly.

Max wants to add another counter-argument? Talk loudly.

15. CXbby

CXbby Member

Wait, so the team that was openly built to beat the Warriors run an offense that.. doesn't work against the Warriors?

Of course not. Morey, D'Antoni and the Rockets are not that dumb. The iso offense is specifically designed to beat a switching defense that GS perfected. We would not run nearly as much iso if teams didn't switch so much against us to stop the pnr. The only way switching works against our iso is if you have 5 great perimeter defenders. The problem for GS, and the reason why we built this iso offense, is that their best player is a below average perimeter defender. We saw this already in the season opener, the Rockets won by isoing Harden on Curry. That's the blue print.

YOLO likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

same exact thing cleveland did with lebron/kyrie taking turns at the top of the key/ft line area. they did it over and over