1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[First Take] Kenny Smith Flames Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pizza_Da_Hut, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Ranny

Ranny Member

Betting on the Warriors is the easy choice. They do have the most talent, at least in names, and they are already a championship team. The Rockets are damn good as well, and we are sure to make them sweat in a playoff match up, but its undeniable that we would be the underdogs. Also both our superstars have had stellar careers but not so much during the playoffs, until proven otherwise this will always be on people's minds.

Also perhaps subconsciously there might be a bit of jealousy from Kenny. He remains part of the only Rockets team that won a championship. Maybe in some way he feels that if this team wins it all it might make him a bit less relevant to us? maybe that could be a hidden agenda of his? Maybe?

2. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

HANDCHECK

Rocket River likes this.
  3. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

yea well gary payton used to take to the woodshed every time, so whatever.

lw17 and Rocket River like this.
  4. topfive

topfive CF OG

Right after that, Shaq contradicted him by saying he thought Houston was obviously a better team and could beat the Warriors in 5.

JUST KIDDING!

Actually, Shaq said the Rox have no chance whatsover against Golden State.

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Thank you for being part of Houston's championships, but go *** yourself

6. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Legal back in the days, and that little b**** was punk'd on a national stage

Joshfast likes this.
  7. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Thats one of the reason he is uncomfortable with us winning. It forces him to confront the fact that dantoni is coaching us better than he would've.

This is the same guy that was one of the most vocal media members about cp3 + harden pairing being a bad idea. Also went on about houston’s 3 point happy offense being a gimmick.

He wanted to run the offense WAY differently than it is currently being run by dantoni

buffalobills!!!, Richie_Rich and Vivi like this.
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well some people don’t like championships.

Kenny’s take is that until we dethrone the champs they are the champs.

I think seeding is important for us. 1 or 2 doesn’t matter

lw17 likes this.
  9. val_modus

val_modus Member

I think it’s only fair to point out that Josh Smith and Dwight Howard were AAU teammates in high school.

Joshfast, heypartner and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

It is amazing that the Rockets gave Kenny Smith a chance to interview for the Rockets head coaching job. Before the season started Kenny flat out said he didnt see the CP/Harden combo working. "They both need the ball."

Imagine Kenny's interview with Morey him spouting that stuff.

buffalobills!!!, lw17 and Richie_Rich like this.
  11. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Kenny has been consistent with HIS opinion about Houston all year. You can't fault or hate him for having an opinion.

Why do you ppl care so much about what ppl think of us? We haven't proving anything that really matters yet and maybe they're just waiting to see.

cbs1507 likes this.
  12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

The idea that past data can influence future data is fine. But, when you are selective about said data, overlook that since the warrior championship they have been disengaged, hungover, and above all have lost two games to this Houston team is a cherry picked argument. It's the same reason why pats fans with their five championships looked foolish every time they screamed it before the Superbowl. The patriots showed signs that their D was weak, and we saw what happened there. The same is true of GS.

Kerr attacked Harden on Twitter (it was an "accident"), that doesn't speak to a coach who has faith in his team. He let them coach to engage them. The warriors are mounting technicals and ejections. They gave up a 5 game lead in one month. Heck, they lost last night on a Durant 50 point game!

To bias yourself so heavily toward them so heavily (again, as I explained above) is rejecting all this data. Saying it's a 50/50 or a 60/40 series is fine, he isn't saying that. He says warriors 90/10 by saying the rockets have to play 4 perfect games.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  13. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm not going to predict what happens til the playoffs. who is all going to be healthy?

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Kenny Smith makes Clyde Drexler coach U of H look good. He's a bum.

15. Roc Paint

Just like Kenny Smith's Charles Barkley's and your opinion doesn't matter.

Go Rockets!

Sorry tinman, but I can't stand the way you always go to bat for those TNT knuckle ****

Or am I?

Rocket River likes this.
  16. Roc Paint

at this point I don't know what's better, being a 99 or or a fan of TNT

17. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Final comment on this thread -- I am disparaging Kenny Smith, the tv commentator, not the player who helped us in those two championships.

One can be a very good player and a sucky tv personality. Anybody watched Joe Montana a few years ago on his failed tv gig? Dude was more awkward than a priest in a whorehouse (well, maybe not the best comparison, lol).

lw17 and Rocket River like this.
  18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Again, another fair argument.

Hell, even my opinion that the rockets can/will beat the warriors is based on health.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

TNT > ESPN

You know Kenny's reputation, he's not a boxing analyst like Max Kellerman.

Are we expecting people to predict us to beat the Warriors now ? I would be surprised if that happened.

So we got home court advantage... that only mattered AT THE SUMMIT.

20. ballscientist1

Kevin Durant is still a much better player than Harden. Nobody here will think so.

Assumption: Final 5 minutes Warriors lead by 10 points.

Anderson vs Durant

Harden vs Draymond

Capela vs Curry

Paul vs Klay

Ariza vs Bell