1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Les Alexander

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Will, Dec 16, 1999.

1. Finalfantasy

Finalfantasy Member

It sure is, achebe. One more thing, the Rockets training center's grand chef should be fired too! The Rockets' underachievement is largely because he keeps making delicious Chinese food and created weight problems for our players! Just look at Stanley Roberts and now Thomas Hamilton.

2. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Wutchyoubetalkinbout Willis!

You know the Rockets aint gonna trade no Leslie Alexanda!

3. popeye

popeye Member

Will

Sorry, had a mouth full of either spinach or Ol ... er,olives ... and you probably didn't see the tongue in my ... ah,cheek.

Dang, did I say that??????

[​IMG]

[This message has been edited by popeye (edited December 17, 1999).]

4. Barzilla

Barzilla Member

Sorry Will,

I must have been looking so far ahead that I tripped over myself. Visionaries have been known to do that.

Incidentally, I was a political science major in college and am a social studies teacher, so at least a total idiot didn't insult your political prowess. [​IMG]

Incidentally, how does everyone think that a disastrous lottery season is going to effect any chances of an arena winning next year? Doesn't look too good to me.

------------------
    Rockets When? Rockets When?

5. 2Sandwiches

2Sandwiches Guest

fire les? I dont like the guy either, but is that even possible, since he is "the owner", or is CD able to do this?

Also, I haven't been on this bbs long. I just starting following the rockets a year ago, so why does everyone seem to hate Calvin Murphy so much? I think hes hilarious, makes some good points in the game, and did/does alot for the franchise (although he does seem to use the word "interesting" alot, see my signature). Its not like Bill Worrell is any better, always seems to get words mixed up...

------------------
    "You know, it's interesting....."
    -Calvin Murphy

6. Ollie

Ollie Member

Popeye- What are you talking about??? [​IMG] LOL.....

Will- Nice spin on the most popular BBS topic. If you can't beat them, join them...

As for the whole Visionaries vs. Cheerleaders vs. whatever... That crap got way out of hand and almost made me quit coming to this BBS.

[This message has been edited by Ollie (edited December 18, 1999).]

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

2sandwiches

Welcome to clutchcity.

I think you'll find people don't really hate Calvin Murphy. The word to describe him is "cornball". He makes me laugh, too.

Les bought the Rockets and pretty much his first executive order was taking Calvin out of the color commentator chair. There was a huge uproar in Houston that a yankee can't come here, buy our team, and start making wholesale changes. Well, he retracted really quickly!

The town does like Calvin. But for important games, many of us turn down Calvin and turn up Gene Peterson.

Again, welcome to becoming a Rockets fan and the armchair coaching that accompanies a team in transition. Gotta love it.

[This message has been edited by heypartner (edited December 18, 1999).]

8. fromobile

fromobile Contributing Member

All I want is my red and yellow back. Notice I said YELLOW!!!! Not Gold. Our colors were red and yellow, then for marketing they started making it gold on everything. YELLOW!!!!!! How can anyone look at the Compaq Center's court and not hate what Les Alexander has done? The uniform change in unacceptable, the logo change is unacceptable, the court is unacceptable ...everyone here knows that, lets string 'im up.

9. Well it isn't as bad as the first year. Remember all those stars on the court???? And the lane was horrible.

10. 2Sandwiches

2Sandwiches Guest

heypartner,

cool. thanks for the warm welcome! [​IMG]

------------------
    "You know, it's interesting....."
    -Calvin Murphy

11. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

You guys must have nothing better to do! [​IMG]

I say, fire THE FANS.

No patience. We think we know it all. We would have the vision to hold off trading Pippen until the T'Wolves offered us Kevin Garnett. Have better strategies than all the coaches combined. Think hotdogs should be free and beer should be sold buy one get 5 free.

We are the real culprits!!

------------------
    Live Rocketball. Breathe Rocketball. Die with Rocketball.