1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Daryl Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SportsWorld, Nov 1, 2015.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

....they play in the EC???? :confused:

There are literally only 1 or 2 good teams there. Super easy to make the postseason and advance.

2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I like Morey as a GM but he needs to keep his nose out of the basketball concepts. His logic about 3s is ****ing stupid.

3. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

*edit wrong thread

#63 nickb492, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  4. thaGREATwall

thaGREATwall Member

I've long been a HUGE Morey fan. I still am.

But if he doesn't do something about McHale and find a coach that actually coaches, then Morey needs to go as well.

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Not on the "fire him" train, but I find it increasingly irritating that he's so quiet through all this. He was talking cash money when we got off to a hot start last season. Let us hear from you now.

1 person likes this.
  6. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

no other coach would go for his stupid philosophy. thats why adelman left, can imagine what adelman would do with this talented roster

7. SportsWorld

SportsWorld Member

McHale is Morey's pet. He knows he can trust McHale and McHale will do as what Morey says. It's why McHale will be in Houston until Morey goes and we won't get any good head coaches to come here. Sad, but true.

8. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

The offensive flow that we first saw when Harden came here has disappeared the moment we lost chandler parsons. We lost that secondary playmaker in the half court/the guy that could bail us out with a jumper/drive. We have never replaced that guy. This is why Josh Smith had so many opportunities. Lawson is basically lost. There is no real system in place to get him going. Its all free lance. 2-5 pick n rolls or iso harden. The only real play you see them run is trying to get lawsons man to switch off on harden. But anyways, we need a play making wing. Someone who can spot up decently, but more importantly can put the ball on the floor and either make a jumper or drive/dish. But I still say get rid of Mchale, get Thibs and at least fix the defense even if the offense will continue to stink (i know, wrong thread).

9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Morey is always tweeting/talking when things are going well but he doesn't say a peep when there is controversy with the team

10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

For a guy whose the pioneer on analytics, there is no way that Morey can see the lack of efforts issues on Harden.

If he will not address this issue moving forward, then yes he should be fired.

11. ksny15

ksny15 Member

He's going to have to fix the entire team minus Capella and Harrell then

12. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

WOW so you are gonna side with mcfail over harden

ok so lets bring back those great kevin martin, and scola years where we would constantly finish 9th in the west because we had no superstar who could score 15 or more in the 4th quarter

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Yep. Always tweets after wins but nada after losses.

14. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Dork Elvis doesn't do losses .... :eek:

15. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Maury has mastered the art of propaganda. There are people on this website that worship and blindly support him. Of course he's nowhere to be found after losses, controversies, and tough times even though this team from the coaching staff to the players is his creation. You don't win the propaganda war by doing that. You only show your face when things are going well. He learned that lesson after his infamous "we need to increase variance" and "coin-flip games" tweets.

Edit: As of the moment this post is being edited, Maury's last activity on twitter 5 days ago was a retweet from Khloe Kardashian, lol. What a great leader! You think the GM from Golden State is doing stuff like that

#75 Kwame, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Morey is a great GM. 50/50 at hiring coaches though.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah, I mean getting to the WCF last year is proganda. And getting Harden, howard without any top lottery picks or tanking is propaganda too. If anything, you're the guy who is spreading propaganda around WHERE WERE YOU LAST YEAR? I didn't hear a bit of smack talk against Morey, and if you did you were probably b**** slapped to the ground so hard you only had the guts to come out now.

You don't need to be an analytics genius to figure out the team's lack of effort and how Harden isn't stepping up to lead the entire team. So are you saying you want Morey to comment and throw the entire team or Mchale under the bus publicly? What exactly would that achieve? He's a GM not the ****ing president of the country he doesn't need to address the "masses" his job is to fix whatever the team's problem is not send out twitter messages like some ****ing PR rep.

I'm not sure if Morey is doing his job or not, but sending out twitter message is just about the most useless thing I can think of and it blows my mind you're pointing that out as "criticism". LOL equating twitter messages to leadership what is wrong with you? Is that how you handle people when you have issues you rat on everyone in twitter and FB?

18. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Miami was built in one season. In 2009-10, they were Wade and spare parts. They were the 5th seed because they played in the woeful East, but their record would have put them out of the playoffs in the West. LeBron and Bosh came the next year and the next four seasons they were in the NBA Finals, winning twice. Then LeBron leaves and they are woeful again, down to 10th in the lEastern Conference.

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

from his last radio interview i understood that he's taken a trip to europe (scouting?)

that being said, that last interview conveniently took place right after the win at LA and prior to that he was MIA after the brutal MIA/GS/DEN losses

20. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Let's say we fire them both. What is the outcome you guys see? SA? Cleveland? GS? We could not be assured of any of those, and nothing less would be a clear improvement. Even Thibs, what did he win in Chicago? Are you guys sure that Chicago is a better franchise?