1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Daryl Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SportsWorld, Nov 1, 2015.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

If anyone thinks that being conservative this year is Daryl's idea then they are a fool .

This guy is like the most aggressive all time . He might be as aggressive as harden is on the floor lol .

This offseason and trade deadline is all Tilman baby . There is a new owner in town . And he cares about his money

everyday eddie, Hakeemtheking and HP3 like this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

How is it his fault he has an owner who wont let him spend. He put together a 65 win season team last season that almost took down the Warriors. And another WCF 2 years prior. OHHHHH you blaming him for Yao and Tmac too huh, i guess its his fault both those guys had injury problems huh. Please..its not homerism, its just not knee jerk reacting to everything. All you are doing is looking at the bad and none of the good, completely unobjective.

steddinotayto likes this.
  3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Morey should not be fired

But I want to know who kidnapped Morey and forced him into the moves he made this season. It can’t possibly be the real Morey. There’s no way the real Morey would have a season like this. I am convinced we have an imposter on our hands!!

everyday eddie and hakeem94 like this.
  4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I think Morey wanted to rebuild after adelman but les wanted to compete so he chose mchale as his "rebuilding" coach but we got too good too quickly for mchales abilities.

My most unpopular opinion is that mchale wasn't that bad of a coach . He has a lot of great insight into the game and maybe wasn't able to put together the X's and O's yet .

Who knows .

Your take is pretty fair

5. bmelo

bmelo Member

Please remind me who did prime Tmac and Yao play? Alston? Juwan? Hayes? Corpses of Bonzi? They were injuried cause they were overplayed

6. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea it wasnt cause they were injury prone at all. Cmon dude, enough. Especially in that era, you were lucky to have even two all stars on your squad.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  7. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I think the Future of the Rockets is in Tillmans hands in Spending to Improve talent.
    Free Agency Class is more deeper, Rockets have no picks, spend or be left behind, no more bottom bargain bin Free Agents.

Rockets Targets
    Jimmy Butler
    Tobias Harris
    Jeff Green
    Trevor Ariza will get overpaid by Wizards, Owner wants to keep him.
    Luc Mbah Moute

Kevin Durant
    Kawhi Leonard
    Kristaps Porzingis

Free Agents
    Kenneth Faried
    Austin Rivers

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Morey's gem to bust ratio is 1/8 and he shuffles players at a very high rate thus creating a toxic and not reputable franchise. And the groomed draft players mostly leave because he lacks the basketball scouting skill to offer them a decent contract, "we let the market dictate your value".

hakeem94, Exiled and bmelo like this.
  9. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Also consider this...

If you take the Warriors out of the equation, a healthy Rockets team would be par for the course...

10. BigBum

BigBum Member

Scary, if Faried and Rivers want more than 3 million a year, they are gone.

11. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Every team does that unless they have a team that consistently wins championships (otherwise what's the point of holding on to a mediocre roster)
    In addition, he never had the opportunity to build the team from scratch.

Considering his circumstances, he's done quite well.
    Short of winning a championship, the Rockets W-L ratio over the past 10 years is top 3.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

it's not Morey's fault that Yao had injuries...but the organization absolutely knew as much as all of the rest of us did...that no one who is 7'4" or taller ever plays meaningful minutes past 30 years old. They knew that, and they didn't care. Les made a fortune off separate business interests in China through that relationship.

I'm not a Morey critic at all, so please don't misunderstand...it's not about him with respect to the Yao issue. They knew what was coming and they doubled down anyway. Great for the former owner.

13. bmelo

bmelo Member

I feel like he was just a fat kid that never got into bball. His signings are dellusional at times(MCW), no one in their bball mind would do that and yet
    That was addition he was most excited about

14. BigBum

BigBum Member

Fans really want to win Championships. It needs more talents to do it. anything else is not relevant.

Exiled likes this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

I feel you, thanks for giving more perspective on the situation.

MadMax likes this.
  16. MadMax

I hated it because I liked Yao a ton as a person...but as a fan of the HOUSTON ROCKETS who stood nothing to gain from Les' new Chinese business interests, I hated what it meant to keep pretending that "if Yao was healthy...." It was a unicorn argument past his 28th birthday.

HP3 likes this.
  17. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Of course we want a championship, but has DM passed up any opportunities that would have made a difference?

18. HP3

HP3 Member

Ouch, that bad huh? Yea that sounds pretty rough. But yea I did know that Les was never a perfect owner himself.

19. MadMax

He built a team that was one injury away from hoisting another banner last year. But for the CP3 injury, they're champs last year.

everyday eddie and HP3 like this.
  20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

This thread is an embarrassment.