1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Corey Moore

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by theimpossibles1, Sep 24, 2017.

1. TheresTheDagger

Its probably too early to say this, but since you brought it up I think this game might be up there in terms of significance regardless.

It stings now, but we didn't get beat today. We actually did beat ourselves, AND the team will know they let one get away on the road vs. maybe the GOAT. That builds anger...and confidence.

CometsWin and theimpossibles1 like this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

There was a 100% chance we were going to lose once NE got the ball back. So when they got the 3rd and 18 I didn't flinch; they'd have gotten it if it was 4th and 50. Because that's what the Pats do and (more importantly) that's what the Texans do.

3. theimpossibles1

What a losers mentality.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It's the mentality of someone who has been a Texans fan since day 1. You'll get it some day.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I wonder if you'd ever survive all those bad years as a Bucs fan.... or a Jets fan... or a Browns fan... or a Bengals fan... or a Lions fan...

Houstonians seemingly love the "woe is us" card... but in every sport, there's another victim (although the Astros are getting pretty close in baseball.... there's Cleveland, and then them).

6. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

baltimore playoff game was probably the worst loss for me. that game had me sick for weeks.

HTown_TMac and CometsWin like this.
  7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

So we find out Deshaun can be a top QB in the league and people are still complaining....

Biatches

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

After John Stocktons J over Barkley, this guy feels very little from sport outcomes.

tmactoyao likes this.
  9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I actually understand it. Games like this is exactly why too. What gets me is the hurricane mention. Nothing will make this better outside of it growing balls and playing smarter.

10. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

LOL, whaaa? I thought it was a good game. It was probably one of the few losses that I'm not completely pissed off about. Lots of stuff to look forward to after this one especially the optimism about one Deshaun Watson :)

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

No I wouldn't survive; I'd be dead.

But I'm not doing a woe is me thing. I'm not saying Texans are the worst and I'm not saying anyone should feel bad for me. I just have seen the Texans come up short so often that it's what I have come to expect. So when they came up short again I was unsurprised.

12. theimpossibles1

As I said in post #3 I have watched every game. Yet I still believe we can win close games. Can you imagine if the players shared your attitude?

Titans, Colts and Jags pick up wins today too. Ouch.

That said, there were certainly positives to take away from this game. One or two little things go differently and that was a win. Watson showed his winning instinct. Hopefully this motivates the Texans going forward. Next week vs Titans is going to be crucial.

#32 theimpossibles1, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  13. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

i have a separate threshold for each team, in hopes that one won't give me the same heartbreak as the other

14. oelman44

oelman44 Member

It's painful but there are worse ones. It's still so early in the season, this isn't soul crushing deflating like Texans vs Baltimore on Monday night on 2010, or the time we came back down 25 in the fourth against Tennessee and they still one on the last second.

This one sucks in the "could've been a signature win," way, but it's only week 3 and it was honestly nice having a high scoring exciting game for the first time in so long. Probably the most fired up I've been in a regular season game in 2-3 years. And we found out we may just have a franchise qb in our hands, which is nice.

It's painful, but now I'm hyped for Tennessee. AFC South could be fun this year if our offense can semi-consistently show up.

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

This was arguably the least painful loss in he history of the Texans for me. I had ZERO expectations of winning, and fully expected New England to come back. Our QB played like a boss and the team gave effort, but ended up losing to a better team. Not upset at all

arkoe likes this.
  16. HstnSprtsFan101

Johnthan Banks & Corey Moore have no business being on an NFL field. It shouldn't surprise anyone than Brady was gonna shred those guys. We probably win that game with KJo out there, part of it though. Time to keep scouring through the free agent scrap list. Banks is slow as molasses, he belongs back at home on his couch.

17. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Rosencopter is at the top for me. Baltimore is probably 2nd, but that's also because I traveled for it

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Says the cowardly OP.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I also don't have much expectations for this team making a run considering how bad the OL and now the secondary are. The teams with Andre, Foster, a top 10 OL and Wade's defense had a real shot, so those games hurt, especially the one where Schaub broke his foot.

20. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

This one sucked for sure, but expectations were low going in. At least 3 more painful losses off the top of my head...

Getting smashed by NE in the playoffs (2012)
    NE MNF Letterman jacket game
    Baltimore playoff loss