1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Should we fire Bill O'Brien?

1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

15.9%
  3. Abstain (for the moment)

8.2%
  1. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Lol! Organizations need to stop just handing coaching gigs to these coordinators off Belichick's staff.

Creepy Crawl likes this.
  2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

2nd half was 7-7 and we should have had a 1st and goal right before half but refs facked us. Honestly it wasn't as bad as the score looked.

3. Malaya

Malaya Member

It was way worse, honestly.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Fire Bob and cut osweiler after next year.

Start fresh

And don't let him make anymore big signings

5. Malaya

Malaya Member

His offensive playcalling lacks imagination. No surprises. Easy to stop.

6. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

That was a garbage time touchdown so being 7-7 in the second half doesn't mean **** when the other team lets you dink and dunk down the field so you burn up the clock.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Had the defense done their job in the first half, it wouldn't have been "garbage time"

8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Had our defense done it's job, the Vikings D wouldnt have let up to allow for the Texans TD.

Defense sucked...OL sucked...Brock sucked. It's as simple as that.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Before they "let up" the Texans had what should have been a first and goal at the 1 if only they had called the play where Fuller got tackled in the end zone. Sure all parts of the Texans sucked today but the defense was especially bad.

10. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

This is/was already your "Brian Hoyer STINKS" reasoning. That Hoyer only puts up numbers when the game has been long been decided, and only in garbage time.

This is a direct apples-to-apples contradictory statement now used to PROTECT Osweiler. What was used to BASH one player is now used to SUPPORT another.

Have to say your QB biased analysis just can't be taken as valid. (I guess feel good that you at least got someone to
    to pay attention to them)

tmactoyao and Richie_Rich like this.
  11. Malaya

Malaya Member

Just want to say at least the Rangers have been eliminated. Some good in the day.

Ok, back to fire O'Brien. He's a good man, but his game planning sucks. From bad to worse every year.

12. Nook

Nook Member

I assure you, McNair isn't sweating the loss.

13. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

New coach. We need the Bone.

[​IMG]

14. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Count me among the disgruntled.

Since October 4, 2015 - so a span of very nearly to the day, exactly 12 months - they have trailed or lost:
    42-0 (@ ATL)
    41-0 (@ Miami)
    30-0 (KC)
    27-0 (@ NE)
    31-6 (@ MIN)

Unless the flip gets switched, anything short of 10 wins and, at the very minimum, a competitive playoff appearance... I think the Texans ought to clean house: Smith, O'Brien - everybody.

Houstunna and Mr. Clutch like this.
  15. Mr. Clutch

3-2 and leading the division with sellouts every game!

16. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For a 'game plan' team, that's just terrible. What the heck are they doing before the implement the game plan on Wednesday? Clearly, they are not sure how they want to play on either side of the ball. Yesterday, it comically looked like the Texans were playing 10 v. 11 on defense. Shoot, one time, there was even a player running in late on the goal line, and he helped stop the play. Just terrible. The offensive line shows no sign of being able to open up holes or limit pressure from the edge. This really negates their ability to establish the run or a clean pocket, and that makes Brock lose his footwork. His accuracy suffers because of it, but man, does he force throws from time to time. It's like he can't put any touch on a ball at times, even on short passes. Two embarrassing loses, they better figure something out for Luck and the Colts. That's a huge game, and I can just see one of two things happening: Colts get up big early and cruise (while the NRG faithful boo), or the Texans keep the Colts hanging around and Luck hits Hilton for a big play on a blown coverage late. It's just unfortunate that is how the Texans have conditioned us to "get up" for a big game, at home, against our division rival.

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Welcome to the club! Pitchforks to the left, torches to the right.

18. Mr. Clutch

When OB'rien came in, we had a pretty good OL. That's completely gone.

19. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I pride myself on being patient but, man... while I don't recall a string of blow-outs to this degree, this era looks a lot like the Kubiak era - unprepared, inferior... But here's the thing: under Kubiak, the Broncos rarely look unprepared or inferior. That team is feared - and they're starting Trevor Semien!

That makes me think the issue goes higher than O'Brien. I'm never sure how much impact a hands-off owner can have on the results - but I'm starting to think McNair doesn't have the urgency, or demand the accountability that a successful organization needs and it leads to... And if that's the case... I mean, ****, man - we're screwed.

20. Nook

Nook Member

The issue certainly goes higher than BOB. The issue starts with the owner and GM. The owner has allowed Rick Smith to get way too close to him and his son. He is the godfather of the owners son, he goes to church in the same vehicle with the owners son. There is simply too close a relationship. Couple that with poor coaching, and a lack of clearly defined roles; and you have mediocrity. The owner doesn't demand winning either.

What makes it even more complicated, is that McNair is already handing over control of the team to his son... the same son that is best friends with the GM.

It doesn't look good long term. The Texans may fall into a good 2-3 year run at some point (most teams do), but I don't see long term success because no one calling the shots knows what they are doing, and the general culture of the organization isn't ultra competitive.

J.R. likes this.