1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Finally, the Truth about Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TC777JLIN168, Dec 28, 2012.

1. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Good one. Can you break the codes?

2. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Over-react much? What does it have to do with LOFs? People here post all kinds of articles from all sorts of websites, many of them even from Bleach Report. Aren't all articles are just sportswriters' own opinions and analysis? Plus, Steve Kallas works as an column writer for CBS, I wouldn't call him a random sportswriter.

Why do people have to post the way you like it? Why do they have to make a thread that you have to like? If I remember correctly, you had some pretty uninteresting and Knee-jerk threads too. For example, your thread: Harden trade value right now. What's the meaning of posting that thread when we just signed him a 5 year max contract as our foundational player and when Morey said hopefully Harden will have his whole career with the Rockets? Another of your thread right after Douglas had a few good games: Toney Douglas, the new Shane Battier? In the thread, you called Douglas is a "no-stat all-star".

I actually don't have problem with any of your threads because having people discuss all sorts of issues is what this forum is all about. But when you give yourself the freedom to make any threads you like, shouldn't you let other people do the same? No double-standard, please.

The OP posted an article about the most popular player from a decent sportswriter, I don't see anything wrong with it. Not everyone knows every details about Lin. Some here even thanked OP because they learned something they didn't know before. If you are so tired of any Lin article, just don't click or don't read the discussion about Lin. Lin is the most popular player on the team. As long as he is here, he will be talked about non-stop, like it or not.

Discuss and let discuss, post and let post.

2 people like this.
  3. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Thanks for contributing to the thread. Interesting read on what has molded JLin as a player over the years. I believe JLin will continue to improve as a player and fulfill his potential as an elite point guard in the NBA.

More importantly, I think this young Rockets team is very special and has a huge potential to become an elite team because it has quite a few talented and unselfish players, and good coaching. In just 30 some games (preseason included) the way this team has come together has truly been nothing short of amazing. If they continue on the trajectory, the march to playoffs this year seems inevitable, which will be an invaluable experience for this young team to gain. Go Rockets!

4. furior

furior Member

It's Greivis Vasquez from New Orleans Hornets (6/23 W/L)

[​IMG]

5. ERC

ERC Member

I don't find anything new with the article either, but when it comes to Lin's knee I don't think things are so black-n-white. Sure, his knee has been "fine" all season - allowing him to jump, cut, etc. However, if he doesn't get all of his explosiveness back (which is very important to Lin's aggressive game where he beats opponent with his quick first step), his game can be greatly impacted.

In a hypothetical situation, let's say Lin had Russell Westbrook's speed prior to surgery but only regained Raymond Felton's speed after. While he's technically fully recovered and 100% healthy, you can't say that the knee doesn't impact/change his game.

6. ERC

ERC Member

7. wendzall

wendzall Member

yea if every pg had the finishers around him that westbrook has than 8 assists wouldn't be too difficult.

jeremy is averaging around 6 but how many would it be if we counted the fumbled passes and missed shots. i suspect with finishers like okc lin's assist would be near 10 and and his turnovers would be down at least down to 2 a game.

8. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Not just that but take into account Jeremy shares PG duties with Harden and has a low usage rate but is still putting up 6 per game on average (much more recently). If his usage was up there with Westbrook + the finishers Westbrook has, double digit assists per game easy.

9. Jedster

Jedster Member

:grin::grin::grin:
    Thumbs up.

1 person likes this.
  10. Jedster

Jedster Member

I liked the article even if the information isn't cutting edge.
    I think members have to accept that there should be threads for fans of certain players. At last count close to 60% of Clutchfans cited Lin as their favorite player so there is interest.

I certainly don't click on threads that don't interest me (like those fire coaches threads), so I think it's up to each member to exercise clicking restraint. Like someone said earlier, folks don't have to read every thread right????

11. split41

split41 Member

Respect for this post.

12. catch22

catch22 Member

Westbricks fg is even lower than Lin so far this season. You are clearly a okc fan and a r****d

13. Nook

Nook Member

We are talking about a mediocre starting point guard with mediocre statistics to back it up...

12 pts
    6 Ast
    3 TO
    4 Reb
    2 Stl

With a mediocre fg% and poor 3% that does not draw fouls.

His production is very similar to Rafer Alston.

Not sure why all the fan fare... He is the 4th best starter on the team.

14. ada32

ada32 Member

The best post in this thread! OP thanks for your post. At least 60% of Clutchfans thank you for your effort!:grin::grin::grin:

15. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

What makes me think that even if he had better numbers, you'd dismiss it anyways... hmm..

16. ada32

ada32 Member

He is in the recovery lane now! Check his stat at the end of this season?

17. conquistador#11

lol rafer was doing it at age 30, lin at 24. and the fg% for rafer was almost always below .400.

he is one of us, give him a chance. exceptional court vision

18. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

So let me get this straight...you are comparing Rafer to Lin?????? Lin is light years ahead of where Rafer was in similar points in their careers. Also, Rafer was a 6 year vet by the time he joined the ROX and during his dozen or so years in this league, he was a slightly below average player. Lin, on the other hand, has great upside and has shown he has the potential to be a great player. That's the major difference. That's what I don't get about LOHs like you. Why is Lin being scrutinized like he's been a player in this league for numerous years? He has started less than a season thus far. Why don't we at least wait a couple seasons before we label him a scrub like Rafer.

19. wendzall

wendzall Member

my only complaint to jeremy is that he has to find a different way to try to draw fouls. because his current style of throwing his body and falling is gonna take a tow on his career length. he should get some pointers from harden. also the refs this season have been very reluctant to give lin calls. funny since during linsanity there were giving him calls like he was an all star! i think it may be blow back from last season and the refs have over adjusted having somewhat bought into the negative perception of jeremy this season.

what do you folks think about him not getting the calls his way? i'm i imagining this?

20. ada32

ada32 Member

Nook, did you watch last night's game?
    Despite our lost to San Antonio, I saw a lot of positive signs by all Houston players.

Here is a beautiful bounce pass from Lin to Parsons for a slam:
    http://www.nba.com/video/games/spurs/2012/12/28/0021200432-hou-sas-play3.nba/index.html