1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Finally I Understand What Trump Meant by "Drain the Swamp"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by crossover, May 19, 2017.

1. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

• Run for President.
    • Handcuff the GOP to his campaign. Get the backing and support of the biggest a-holes of the GOP .
    • Embolden right extremists, bigots, racists, misogynists to come out of their holes and corners across the country to support him. Flush out the worst of America into the public.
    • Fuel the 'industry of rage and fear' - ie. media that preys on the weak-minded across America to generate traffic and $.
    • Proceed to get elected.
    • Get entangled in a series of investigations of collusion, corruption, and controversy.
    • Run the most embarrassing Presidential term in US history, constantly compared with Nixon. Get attacked constantly in media and invigorate leftist political movements, setting a major cultural shift in the US.
    • Proceed to get impeached with rippling domino effects and investigation, implicating other compromised constituents and gutting those at its core.
    • Cause widespread distrust of the GOP, right wing media outlets, and conservative supporters for years to come. Young Americans have a lasting impression of how hypocritical and untrustworthy the GOP has become and vote left for an entire generation.
    10D chess!

2. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

The only thing it's happening right now is people are waking up for the dishonest agenda driven news. Thanks to president Trump the MSM will soon become irrelevant. Trump will be your president for 8 years. Now go back in your hole and cry some more.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I have a simple question for you then. Why does Trump then have such a low approval rating? He is highly Highly disliked. As been stated by me and several other people on here, that they would take Romney, McCain, Bush, absolutely anyone but him. Hell Clinton was an absolutely awful candidate, her husband was president twice which made her even worse and she still had what a few million more votes?

Trumps rating will decrease even more I assume to some record low soon.

edwardc likes this.
  4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

For example this article. No president has had these numbers or anything close to them. Trump had the perfect storm to get elected.

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...ing-counties-election-strongholds-show-611873

5. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

I wish that this embarrassment to our country would lead to changing people's minds about the GOP and trusting them to run government. The fact is, even if trump is impeached or resigns, Etc., the trump base will not change their voting habits. There have been numerous articles and stories from NPR to Reuters talking to conservatives and trump supporters and they aren't the least bit fazed, by and large, over the turmoil.

He truly could shoot a baby in the face on 5th avenue and it wouldn't matter. Even after Watergate there was no real damage to the GOP--we got one term of Carter. The southern districts are so heavily gerrymandered and weighted that little is going to change, from what I can see.

CometsWin likes this.
  6. marky :)

marky :) Member

Why even read articles about that when you can just read Rocketslegend's posts and come to that conclusion.

wouldabeen23 likes this.
  7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Trump is actually bolstering what was a long-dying field. News print journalism.

All major publications (WaPo and the NYT most notably) are reporting record subscription and traffic numbers since his rise to power.

Trump is literally so untrustworthy and scary he has revived an entire industry almost single handedly.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

He did promise job creation.

9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I don't think 8 years will happen. He will have a Republican run against him on the next term. I had hopes Trump would actually do something significant, but that is quickly fading. I also had hopes Democrats would get their act together and put forth a strong candidate, but that too seems like wishful thinking. I really would not be surprised if they put Clinton back on the ticket in 2020.

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You forgot the 'Rule of Trump'. Any article or poll that is bad towards him is fake news. Anything that is praiseful of him is real news.

CometsWin likes this.
  11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Hillary is dead in the water and has no chance to be the nominee in 2020. The next 4 years she will search for relevance and not find it.

Trump won't run in 2020 and IMO it is likely a very traditional Republican will be the nominee. I actually had hopes for Mike Pence in 2016 but his performance as gov in Indiana was mediocre and he wasn't a guaranteed lock to win re-election. Unless the party lines up behind him early and tells all other legit candidates to stand down, he won't be the nominee in 2020 IMO.

The Dems will remain a fractured mess in 2020. I will be surprised if they luck out and find a candidate with broad appeal in their party.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Serious question with a large assumption that your posting career in the D&D is sincere rather than some parody account.

What discernable skills do you see in Trump that makes him competent in managing the world's largest bureaucracy?

13. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Horst: You have been safety inspector for two years. What initiatives have you spearheaded in that time?
    Homer: Uh…All of them?

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

First of all this thread is awesome even though its obviously sarcastic. If you have any thought that there is some grand plan behind what has been doing and planning then you haven't followed Donald Trump very long.

Since the 70's Trump's whole persona is to be as compulsive and provocative in the public eye as he can be, and his survival skill is to then go back and allow everyone to piece together a narrative of his genius when in reality if you throw a bunch of paint on a canvas in no orderly fashion and then ask people to see what they want to see, its inherent in our human nature that we will try to make sense out of it, and when we think that the painting actually says something that was hard to decipher right away, we think the artist is a genius when in reality he was just some dude flicking paint on a canvas.

Now I have to address this topic that is the Right's mentality right now that has them feeling attacked and victimized like whiny little b****es. When in reality they are a victim of what is often a topic reserved for science fiction but oddly enough we see it playing out now in real life with the idea of a Hive Minded Consciousness.

Above anything really, this speaks to the generation we have of lack of accountability for our own actions as humans as it does anything. Trump isn't the first person to start a movement of apathy but he's certainly tapped into it more than anyone else I've seen. Trump's real genius here is taking this group of people around the world and convincing them that Trump=them and whatever comes next as an attack on me is a "you see... THEY (the proverbial "they" again) are out to get US.... WE need to fight it".

The Hive-minded brainwashing that Trump has masterfully put in place (likely the job of guys like Bannon who are smart about this stuff likely pulling the strings) has folks like RocketsLegend and most if not all Trump fans not dealing with the fact that-

A. Nobody forced Trump to lie constantly, hire foreign agents that are compromised, admit to potentially obstructing an investigation on himself, etc.
    B. They are the "Mainstream Media".
    -FoxNews is the leading "News" organization in the US and has been for years
    -Its a fact that most Americans get their news from Facebook shares than from anywhere else (they drive what other people see)
    -Trump is essentially NBC. He's essentially a star of their own network, and has deep ties to that organization
    -Trump even has cabinet members who are top Hollywood Producers. His right hand man produced Seinfeld for crying out loud
    C. Trump has been the master manipulator of the media for years. His genius is being able to control the tabloid cycle by rolling out controversy after controversy. This is who he has always been, and now Trump fans are surprised about it? Did you not research the guy you pledge your ideology to now?

Trump fans... you aren't going to change anyone's mind about Trump by b****ing about the above because its only Trump and yourselves that you have to blame. You knew that this is what was coming and you voted for him anyways. Take some ownership and responsibility for your actions and if you continue down this path don't be shocked when people continue to look and talk to you like you are a complete wackjob living in your own alternate reality.

You are embracing a Hive-Minded brainwashing scheme, and frankly are a victim. If I can tell you guys one thing and one thing only it would be

YOU are not = to Donald J. Trump. You are perfectly capable of saying a revelation that Trump did something wrong doesn't mean its an attack on ME for doing something wrong. Your political & social positions can still be right even when Trump is wrong about something else of his own doing. Become an individual again and stop being a victim to a hive minded brainwashing scheme.

#14 dobro1229, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
  15. dmoneybangbang

"I'm sorry, we were talking about chocolate...."

"That was 10 minutes ago!"

16. dmoneybangbang

How would you characterize the media you absorbed during the Obama years?

Have you ever thought about looking int the mirror....?

17. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

He was cuddled for 8 years

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You mean the secret Muslim Kenyan Marxist terrorist sympathizing executive order abusing wanna be dictator?

CometsWin likes this.
  19. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

20. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I am sure it is the whole media out to get president Trump, it could not possibly be that he brought all the negative press on himself.

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.