1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 4 between Luka and the Mavs and Shai and the Thunder. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Filing for Bankruptcy

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Bag0b0y, Sep 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Bag0b0y

Bag0b0y Member

Had a couple lands I forclosed on but for some reason the county I purchased them in are still charging us taxes and now we owe back taxes for the past 2 years. Apparently the developers bailed out on the golf course project they were working on and sold the remaining lots to Bank of America leaving the lot owners to pay for the county taxes. The county is after us and sending lawyers threatining to sue.

I was wondering if declaring bankruptcy would get them off our backs or if it would be a wise move at all? What should I expect if I do file for bankruptcy? Any help or advice would be greatful. Thanks!

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Refman is a bankruptcy atty (I think) - he always has good advice on this stuff.

3. Bag0b0y

Bag0b0y Member

I'm assuming atty means attorney. Thanks!

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

5. Prince

Prince Member

bankruptcy attorneys will surely make you bankcrupt.

6. Bag0b0y

Bag0b0y Member

7. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I am a bankruptcy attorney. I represent creditors in bankruptcy Court. Oh...and thanks for the props.

To the OP...
    It sounds like you have a very complex situation. If you think a bankruptcy case might help you, then you should meet with a bankruptcy lawyer. The initial consultation is usually free, and you are not obligated to file anything. Make sure to take all of your paperwork with you and be prepared to give a very detailed explanation of what has occurred.

IMO, this is not something that you want to decide based on a thread on a message board.

If you are going to talk to an attorney, go to somebody that practices a lot of bankruptcy law. Also, do it soon. Most of these problems do not get better with the passage of time.