1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fiji ever been there? I need help

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by The Voice of Reason, Aug 31, 2004.

1. The Voice of Reason

I am heading to Fiji for 4 days on my wat to New Zealand, and after looking for a long long while at all kinds of travel sites I still dont know where to stay.

The flight lands in Nadi Fiji at like 5 am on December 2
    and leaves at like 8 am On december 6

I am a single man traveling alone and would like to be "close to the action"

I am not afraid to get into the culture and "rough it" but well at the same time who doesnt like the idea of tropical paradise from the comforts of an AC room.

I found one place that was cheap as heck and in central Nadi, but never having been in Nadi, nor fiji at all that might be a really bad thing. but it says its close to the shoping bars and clubs and stuff, and real close to the beach, so this sounds ideal. that is unless Nadi is a total gheto with rocky beaches and no real clubs or bars.

a little help if anyone knows.

and yeah I cant get away from this site even tho Cuttino was traded

2. synergy

synergy Member

Let me give you Vijay Singh's phone number...one sec...damn, can't find it.

:cool:

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Damn, I envy you. Take some pictures. I'd love to go there one day.

4. The Voice of Reason

SJC Yeah I really should buy a camera before I go shouldnt I.

anyone know of a good digital camera while we are at it?
    I dont wanna break the bank there either, but I dont mind spending some change.

The coolest thing is I am prettymuch movibng to NZ. Also will be spending some time in canberra Aus with my college roomate who is gonna be there woorking for the prime minister or something.

I dunno. I may be back after 6 months, but its worth a try

Anyhoo. Like I said

FIJI. need the info or else I will just have to take the risk on the cheap place.

oh well it is ment to be an adventure i suppose

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I went there when I was 16. I was with my family so I don't know about the action. The impression I got was that it was more of a laid back paradise kind of place. Snorkling, diving, lawn bowling, crystal clear water, beautiful beaches etc.

There are plenty of all inclusive resort type places that I saw or talked to people who were staying at those kinds of places. Perhaps there are some frequented by singles that organize their own get togethers.

7. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

VOR,

have a couple of close friends who just went to Fiji in the last month... drop me an email with your questions and i will forward it to them

Smeg

8. SmeggySmeg

now this has made my day.... spare room is ready any time VOR... you here for Xmas?

9. The Voice of Reason

Yeah well I dunno about Christmass. I bet that is gonna be lonely as hell.

Truth be told I bet my Old Roomate will make me spend it with his family in Sydney.

But who really knows. I will get to e-mailing ya and will surely meet up with ya on your turf this time.

I know I have to visit people in Sydney, Canberra, Adilaid or however it is spelled, and well under the rock you live at :)

I will be there for work really as I have an agreement with a major american company, and will hopefully be right to work. if all works out I will be making my millions finally.

I just cant imagine doing this an not goofing off for a while and traveling about. But I am gonna have to give this a serious go. otherwise it will just end up a 6 month vacation ending with me maxing out my creditcards in order to get home.

peace

10. The Voice of Reason

11. SmeggySmeg

got ya email, let call my mates tonight/tomorrow and email you back soonish

you are most welcome to join us for Xmas at our place, it will be a blast

12. The Voice of Reason

Well It really is so far off I cant even think about it, but I will definately think about it as it gets closer.

I mean I just cant think about Christmass when Laborday weekend is starting to rev up. I mean it is still summer :)

But then again hristmass will be in the middle of summer wont it? Hmm thats gonna be a bit freaky. Gonna be wearing flipflops and shorts on Christmas.