1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fertitta: “Major overhaul of Toyota Center in the next five years.”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tigereye, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

Pistons trying to cover up their empty seats problem

Little Caesars Arena is doing away with its red seats and will replace them with black seats.

LCA announced Monday it will begin a months-long process of installing black seats beginning in December.

During the changeover, the seats in the arena will be covered with black seat covers for arena events.

LCA opened in September 2017.

The red seats have been noteworthy for highlighting empty seats during Detroit Red Wings and Detroit Pistons telecasts.

interested in seeing the ways Tilman will try to deal with ours

2. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Lower the ticket prices.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Don't buy Avocado toast and you can afford it.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Just how low do people think ticket prices should be for a contending team featuring the MVP and another superstar in CP3 in a major city like Houston? I find the prices to be reasonable. This isn’t the Orlando Magic or PHX Suns. Y’all want to sit in the lower bowl for $40?

maybe they would lower prices if tickets weren’t being sold, but they are

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

they're not exactly expensive

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Why would they do that? They sold 99.2% of all their tickets last year.

Invisible Fan and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

The Tillman will take the Rockets from outdated Toyota Center to beautifully renovated Fertitta Center!
    Won't have to worry about outdated, small practice facilities or attendance!
    ;)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

From which planet do we mine that Giant Crystal?!

9. Know Your Role

[​IMG]

This is where the Rockets belong Mr. Fertitta.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They need to fix this mural and replace the greedy floridian behind the two championships with HAKEEM OLAJUWON.
    That's priority 1

The mural predicted that greedy fool was going to steal the trophies.

[​IMG]

#50 tinman, Oct 9, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

12. Know Your Role

I'm playing. New seats in the premium areas would be on the want list. I wouldn't mind if they killed the lights and made it a theater style game like LAL and NY do.

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

The food at toyota center is disgusting, terrible alcohol selection, start with that

compared to other teams, they sure as hell are

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

what legit contendor has cheaper prices than the rockets? people want the best team product, yet pay basically free prices to experience a game. just stay home. if you cant afford reasonable prices then you really shouldn't be out anyway

going to scrub teams in the nba, who cares

[​IMG]

#54 YOLO, Oct 9, 2018
  15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I live in Denver, I can regularly sit in the lower bowl for less than $20. Means I can go to 20+ games a year.

tinman likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

thats great for denver. the nuggets are no where near a contender so not really relevant.

expecting to pay that kind of price for a rockets game. only in dreams. maybe after cp3 and harden are gone

I just saw that the nuggets were only able to sell <90% of their tickets for this past season. so even with those less than $20 lower bowl seats as you say, they're still not selling their product. not exactly good

#56 YOLO, Oct 9, 2018
    napalm06 and Reeko like this.
  17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Just telling you, there is a reason the Toyota Center looks like a high school stadium when on National TV, its always empty. That's great that the rockets feel their tickets are worth that much. Seeing an in person basketball game isn't worth anything close to that to the normal person. I can get a ski pass for the price it would cost me to go to 2-3 rockets games in Houston. Hard pass

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

and it obviously isn't the ticket prices bc over 99% of their tickets are being sold. ticket prices is just a gimmick excuse for someone who probably shouldn't be out spending money anyway bc the average ticket price for a rockets game is reasonable

theres plenty of possible reasons why TC may look empty but prices and sales isn't any of them

Reeko likes this.
  19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Being bought initially isn't really relevant to this. Lots of the tickets are on secondary sites and never get sold, thus no one goes to the games.

And your definition of reasonable is questionable. You can do a lot better things with $100-200 that sitting through a 2 hour basketball game I can watch on my phone

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

sure it is. if the tickets were too expensive and needed to be lowered then they wouldn't be bought to begin with. Obviously, people are just fine with the overall prices.

your basis is going to a denver game for less than $20 which i highly doubt btw. it is in no way comparable to a championship team like the rockets.