1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

@ Fellow Smartphone Users, Guide me in the right direction.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketMania1991, May 24, 2011.

1. RocketMania1991

So i've had an iphone for about 1.5 years and just recently mine has become almost inoperable due to multiple problems.

I'm currently signed with ATT and don't want to change providers.

Now the time has come to choose a new smartphone. I'm done using an iphone, somewhat sick of Apple in general. And I'm just wanting a new interface and operating system.

I've got some friends that love the Android. But I really haven't looked into the phones until now and I'm trying to differentiate between them to decide which one to get.

I've been looking at the HTC HD7 and it seems like a nice phone for the most part.

As well as the HTC Inspire............

I'm a bit lost from all the different phones out there. So any advice would be well used ;)

Once again I use ATT as my provider.

Thanks!

2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

If you're with ATT just go with the Iphone 4 and forget about.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I switched from AT&T to Verizon and just ordered the HTC Thunderbolt. I looked at the Motorola and Samsung phones but liked the HTC phone build quality and HTC Sense interface a little bit better than the other ones.

That said, the other phones also looked really good and each phone had an advantage over the others. And looking just at AT&T, the Atrix looked like a good phone. People are saying the Bionic will be really good. The Inspire as well.

Guess you have to ask what's the most important: single or dual-processor, 4G, one or two cameras. Then try each phone to see if you like the interface.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If you're staying with ATT go with the Infuse, maybe the Atrix or wait for the Galaxy S2 (best phone out right now), iPhone 5, or the big, dual-core, HTC phone they have coming.

So yeah, if you must buy now, Infuse or Atrix.

If you can wait - Galaxy S2, iPhone5, HTC (they'll probably come out in that order)

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

outdated

6. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

7. The Boz

The Boz Member

I went with the Samsung Infuse two weeks ago. It is rather large (4.5" screen) but thin. Claims to be the lightest smartphone on the market. I am happy with it so far.

8. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

don't get me wrong, i like my evo. If I was with ATT, I'd get the Iphone.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I'm on ATT also and I'm waiting for the Galaxy S2. (Reportedly going to be called the "Attain" when it gets here). Getting great reviews.

I was interested in the Atrix, and it's sad that it STILL hasn't been upgraded to gingerbread. If it updates soon, I might still get it. I prefer a 4" screen.

10. dback816

dback816 Member

Galaxy 2 vs. IPhone 4 test

Not even close...

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/t78KfESnFE0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, that S2 is nuts. Too bad it might not get here until Fall for all we know.

12. HombreDeHierro

the Infuse has a crazy screen

13. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

14. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Just heard the news McNulty (lol I was about to post it here), so excited about this!

Hopefully the LG Thrill is their first LTE phone.

15. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

BUMP

I'm probably going to upgrade next month to my first true smartphone. I've never had too much of a need for one and never felt like paying for it, but since it is only $5 more than the data I am paying for now I might as well do it.

I'm down to the Inspire vs Iphone 3GS right now. Don't really want to pay more than $100 for the phone. I'm primarily interested in web browsing and calendar functionality, though I do like the 8mp camera on the Inspire.

Who wants to talk me into one or the other (or something else)? I'm leaning toward the Inspire right now. I know the iPhone app selection is all the craze, but I think I can get along just fine with the Android market. I also looked at the Captivate and Atrix online, but I'm not a big fan of either of those brands.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Galaxy S2. Just wait it out. Best phone out there by far. Verizon may be getting it in July, if it does, ATT will launch it around then too.

I'm on the Infuse right now, its solid, but gotta get that dual core power when the Galaxy hits.

17. Mr. Clutch

If all you want is browsing and calendar, either of those should be fine. I'd probably go Inspire over Iphone 3gs.

18. Mr. Clutch

Samsungs have the best screen. It's the same on Galaxy SII and Droid Charge.

19. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Well, if you do want the iPhone 4, there's a good deal at Wal-Mart, not sure if you qualify for it though. You pay $200 and get a $50 gift card back. You can get the black one or the white one.

From 6/12-6/18 you can get the HTC Inspire 4G for $19 at Target, with activation.

It looks like the Atrix is a really good one, according to this.

If you're tired of the iPhone, I would just go after the best Android you can get. I don't know how I lived without mine.

Pugs

20. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

I have a feeling the S2 won't be $100.

As far as which phone to choose, all of the smart phones can do essentially the same thing and for the most part if you want an app it's probably available for iOS or Android. I'd suggest going to a store and playing with both of them to see which UI you like better.